BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: E55 210 sequential gearbox 2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiumng View Post
the millage I get is about 18-20L/100km city driving (I am in canada so the display is set on metric) and highway about 14-15L/100km....is it more gas usage then normal?

Your fuel consumption seems very excessive, I get a mixed highway/ city at 55km/hr ave of 9.7ltr/100km and slow city stuff, Brisbane OZ at 28km/hr ave 13.5ltr/per 100km. I found my car also sluggish a while ago but could not find anything wrong thn I thought about it and found I drove the car to sedat, the gearbox gets used to this. Then I kicked the car up to 6500 revs fora while and it flies again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 07:39 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2007
Have you absolutely ruled out clogged cats? I know you said the tech has run a full diag but has he reset all of the adapations for the maf and trans post swapping in your new MAF? the fuel trims might be out of whack. It really is an odd problem you're having. Also, don't want to sound like an a-hole but you're sure the MAF is installed in the proper direction? With the airflow arrow pointing into the TB?
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2000 W210 E55 AMG, 2002 SLK32 AMG, 2007 W164 ML320 CDI
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I really have no idea what the tech did but everytime after I took out the MAF I will disconnect my battery for at least an hour b4 reconnecting it. Would it help clear all the codes or I still need to clear it with the tool? I think the MAF is the right direction coz it kind of have a different shape on both side when unscrewing it off the round duct housing so I just screw it back in like how I take it off.....but I really donno the problem now I havent replace my O2 sensor yet but I will do it soon and update it.....btw are the universal O2 sensors difficult to replace because the price difference is a lot =D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 03:46 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2008
w210 wwhhyyyyy

hey names andrew, i have same symtoms as you. my maf was bad... i replaced wit with an ebay sh*t. car was still runnin bad throwing p0100. so i bought the autohausaz.com bosch. cel light went off and after a day of driving car felt like it was adjusting itslef all day. 3 days later im driving it and no jerkin or falling on its face, but the issue of it not picking up and moving like it used to. it just climbs rpms very slowly like at the point of almost bursting in power, but holding back like crazy. before i had the bad maf if i had the gas peddle half way it was like the car was playin games wit me... is it goona go or fall on its face... but if i floored it, it would definitly go FAST. now i ggot the "right" maf no power just a lot of noise...?? after the o2's did your problem continue? does anyone have any more input for this thread?? i also replaced my cats wit generic magnaflows. that was during the ebay sh*t which still ripped when i got on it all the way. didnt try removing the cel light. it turned off automaticaly after a day. didnt disconnect battery. mabye ill try to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to see if it "could" have power. if it "could" have power from doing that, nothing could be cloged because its capable of movin the air. its only when the computer/sensors is tellin the car to hold back, it does... tricky sh*t
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 2000 E55 W210
im having the same problems
replacing MAF helped a little but car is still slow 7.3 0-60 15.3 1/4 mi thats like 100hp off where it should be.
If you guys had this issue resolved please provide some input
thanks
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2000 W210 E55 AMG, 2002 SLK32 AMG, 2007 W164 ML320 CDI
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgalex View Post
im having the same problems
replacing MAF helped a little but car is still slow 7.3 0-60 15.3 1/4 mi thats like 100hp off where it should be.
If you guys had this issue resolved please provide some input
thanks
did you disconnect your battery for 30 min after replacing the sensor? It will make a lot of difference (at least on my car), but it will be good for like 2 weeks or so you can do like 0-60 in +/- 5 secs, after 2 weeks you can do 0-60 in like 6 seconds and in like month and a half it will become 7 secs again,I guess if you floor your car at every stoplight then is different....then it will adapt it like that, or else it will be like grandpa after a few weeks again.....I really donno how to avoid the car not to back to grandpa mode.......so now whenever I have time I plug in the carsoft 7.4 and erase the adaption (kick grandpa out for a while) is easier then disconnect battery lol......is very annoying that adaption feature seems to be the part that play the games when you drive calm for a while it will think grandpa is driving but then sometimes when you need the instant power then grandpa is in the way....

Last edited by msiumng; 03-13-2009 at 09:37 PM.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 10:24 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiumng View Post
did you disconnect your battery for 30 min after replacing the sensor? It will make a lot of difference (at least on my car), but it will be good for like 2 weeks or so you can do like 0-60 in +/- 5 secs, after 2 weeks you can do 0-60 in like 6 seconds and in like month and a half it will become 7 secs again,I guess if you floor your car at every stoplight then is different....then it will adapt it like that, or else it will be like grandpa after a few weeks again.....I really donno how to avoid the car not to back to grandpa mode.......so now whenever I have time I plug in the carsoft 7.4 and erase the adaption (kick grandpa out for a while) is easier then disconnect battery lol......is very annoying that adaption feature seems to be the part that play the games when you drive calm for a while it will think grandpa is driving but then sometimes when you need the instant power then grandpa is in the way....
yep i did it today
NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE my e55 feels slow 7.5 0-60 no faster what the heck? - MBWorld.org Forums
thanks
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Member

I though I would post an update:
after replacing 02 sensors , spark plugs and wires, maf 2 times, MONTHs LATER I HAVE NO SOLUTION TO LOSS OF POWER .
After driving for a week after the reset car becomes slow again, not noticeable with grandpa driving mode but when I step on it a bit its very noticeable.

Im working with a good mechanic and so far we are leaning towards a problem with the ecu itself, possible problem with a programming. What actually is happening is that a car leans itself out at an Open loop mode to about -15% fuel correction. So thats why only during spirited driving the loss of power is noticeable and not during slow driving.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 01 E55 AMG
You know instead of your "mechanic" throwing all these parts at your car why don't you drive it down to a MB dealer and let a "technician" figure out whats really wrong with it.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseric75 View Post
You know instead of your "mechanic" throwing all these parts at your car why don't you drive it down to a MB dealer and let a "technician" figure out whats really wrong with it.
hahaha good one !

The first thing I did was take it to MErcedes dealership and they could not find jack wrong with the car, they just gave me a list with suggestions: change maf, fuel filter, spark plug wires.
I went back to them later one more time just for them to tell me that if no check engine light on they cant find nothing.
I took it to mechanic after changing MAF, plugs/wires, o2 sensors by myself, i guess this guys is like the only certified Bosch technician in our state. Our dumb Mercedes dealership send all vehicles that they cant figure out to this guy so I sure hope he knows what he is doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W210 E50 AMG, E55 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in