Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Intake manifold nut for w210 e class?

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Badkissigen 
#1 ·
One of the intake manifold nuts is missing(picture attached below to show which bolt it belongs to), which means the bolt spins when the engine's on and it's causing a lot of rattling. So bad that the engine noise leaks into the cabin, along with the road noise that those terrible Michelin Primacy 3st tyres that conduct the road nose into the cabin. Apparently Michelin is terrible in India. Looked that up after buying the tyres. When I hold the box in place with my hand, the noise goes down again. I'm trying to find those nuts (they're either rectangular or square in shape), but no luck. Does anyone at least know the specifications of these nuts, so that I can try to find them in this fairly remote place? And I don't know what's supposed to go in the place of the zip ties that's holding this to the engine. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Please update your user cp info.

Attachments

#5 ·
One of the intake manifold nuts is missing(picture attached below to show which bolt it belongs to), which means the bolt spins when the engine's on and it's causing a lot of rattling. So bad that the engine noise leaks into the cabin, along with the road noise that those terrible Michelin Primacy 3st tyres that conduct the road nose into the cabin. Apparently Michelin is terrible in India. Looked that up after buying the tyres. When I hold the box in place with my hand, the noise goes down again. I'm trying to find those nuts (they're either rectangular or square in shape), but no luck. Does anyone at least know the specifications of these nuts, so that I can try to find them in this fairly remote place? And I don't know what's supposed to go in the place of the zip ties that's holding this to the engine. Anyway, thanks in advance.
Just a hunch, but these look like torx star bolts you need a torx socket to remove them. (You need this set in your asenal for DIY) Then take one to use as a sample to get the correct specs and you can go with a hex head with the same thread specs, if sourcing the torx head is a problem

What zip tie are you refering to? nylon or metal?

#6 ·
Yup, I think I already have this socket set. But I'm a little far from home, and we have a place here that has automotive parts, so I thought I could get the nut directly if I knew the exact specs. Attaching pictures of the nut for clarity. Is this a standard hexagonal nut?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SJVscg98LTJhT1wv9

The zip tie I was referring to is the one above these torx bolts(in the picture in the original post). The plastic White ones.

#10 ·
What I see on the picture is Torx head bolt and in USA, the only way to get replacement is dealer as no US hardware carries Torc metrics.
The trick with Torx bolts is that the same head can have different diameters bolts under.
If dealer's route is not easy to go, remove the next bolt, measure thread and length and get hex head replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.