Date registered: Sep 2016
Vehicle: 2002 E55 AMG Sedan
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Unlock button on one Keyfob stopped working
I have three keyfobs for the car. Two original 2nd gen keyfobs. And a new 4th gen keyfob. The unlock button on one of the original keyfobs stopped working. This is the keyfob I use the most. Doesn't matter how hard I press the button or where on the button pad, I press. It's not working.
Things I've checked so far:
1. Red light does not light up when pressing the unlock button.
2. Lock button and trunk button work fine. Haven't tried alarm button yet.
3. I held camera up to Keyfob and I don't see any light emitting from the lens. IR light does come on for lock button.
4. Batteries are 1 year old.
5. My two other keyfobs (one original & one new) work fine to unlock the car.
6. Keyfob unlocks ignition right away when inserted. It also starts the car fine with no issues.
Key fob is in very good condition. Problem started on Saturday. It hasn't been dropped and it didn't get wet.
What should I do next?