Where can one get a key fob other than the dealer? - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 1170 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mrboca
If the dealer does not require you to tow the car to them, and back, maybe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
Location: Sacramento, California & El Dorado Hills, California, USA
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
First, Thank you for the links, and I personally do not need any keys for any of my cars. I got two or three for each car.

These "Chrome Key" most high-end car-locksmiths can do these all day long, but the blade keys with the transponder in the fob, or on the ring of a bare key...

The first link has some FISHY stuff going on. I live in California, and I know alot of little towns from all the driving for my past jobs from the Mexican Border to the Oregon Border..

This first link the guy resides in San Diego as we can see from his business card on ebay, and the rest of the stuff he is selling comes from San Diego, but the chrome key come from(Ship From on Ebay) "North Highlands" (north of Sacramento, but still in the Sacramento County) I live in the town next to "North Highlands", and San Diego is 10hrs or 500 miles away from North Higlands, so obviously this guy does not do the actual key thing in San Diego. These keys are not like an item being "Drop-Shipped" from Harbor Frieght..

I need to investigate who is doing it in North Highlands...

The last review does not add confidence either

Here is the actual website:

https://www.luxeauto.net/services

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 4.33.05 PM.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	2440763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 7.17.30 PM.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	2440769  

Last edited by MAVA; 07-12-2018 at 07:31 PM.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 CLK500 w/30K
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien945 View Post
Little update: I took out the EIS module and sent it to some place that I found online and two key fobs were made. The old one still opens and closes the doors, but the new ones start, open and close the doors. Thank you for all the help provided!
So, the issue was in the original key.

It can still be fixed for cheap, giving you 3 keys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 09:25 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVA View Post
First, Thank you for the links, and I personally do not need any keys for any of my cars. I got two or three for each car.

These "Chrome Key" most high-end car-locksmiths can do these all day long, but the blade keys with the transponder in the fob, or on the ring of a bare key...

The first link has some FISHY stuff going on. I live in California, and I know alot of little towns from all the driving for my past jobs from the Mexican Border to the Oregon Border..

This first link the guy resides in San Diego as we can see from his business card on ebay, and the rest of the stuff he is selling comes from San Diego, but the chrome key come from(Ship From on Ebay) "North Highlands" (north of Sacramento, but still in the Sacramento County) I live in the town next to "North Highlands", and San Diego is 10hrs or 500 miles away from North Higlands, so obviously this guy does not do the actual key thing in San Diego. These keys are not like an item being "Drop-Shipped" from Harbor Frieght..

I need to investigate who is doing it in North Highlands...

The last review does not add confidence either

Here is the actual website:

https://www.luxeauto.net/services

Martin
Well the guy (Arthur) has a phone number, and he may be able to explain why he has the Ebay entry in two places (one in North CA and one in San Diego), and two different prices (199 vs 220). The feedback does not make sense to me. Complains that the key does not fit ??? I am sure the shop tests it after it is programmed. Maybe a wrong key was sent accidentally ?

Doesn't Deplore offer this service also ?
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 11:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1977 Post(s)
Fixing the ignition is pretty tricky and I had maybe not direct, but bad experience.
I recommend the locksmith in Poland for fixing the ignition and one of former (?) forum members used it.
But the guy cancel PayPal payment before ignition had a chance to come back to US.
Than he could not make the engine running with rebuild ignition, but he could not get it running with 2 visits (flatbed) to dealer and couple more to Florida key experts.
So final conclusion had to be that the problem was not ignition, but that did not stop the member from blaming the locksmith and me as helping person for not running car.
This is very tricky business and when Deplore is having different ways to make living, I consider that good decision.
Polish locksmith repaired the ignition switch and program 2 keys for it for less than $120 BTW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kajtek1; 07-13-2018 at 11:51 AM.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 09:35 PM
Outstanding Contributor
SDS Guru

Date registered: Apr 2014
Vehicle: 1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E320
Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
I do offer this service, but I don't advertise it online on ebay or craiglist like these guys. I'm primarily B2B -- businesses request my services, not the public.

EIS repair is really quite tricky, and I've ruined enough EIS trying to repair it that I just don't bother repairing it. If an EIS is damaged, I just clone it over to a used EIS and make sure it works with new key, then send it out.

--1998 MB E300TD 291k
--1997 MB E36 Frankenstein'd AMG 199k
--2011 Suzuki DL650 58k
--1997 MB E320 161k. SOLD...loved that stupid car.

--1997 MB C36 AMG 273k -- stripped and junked
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 06:20 AM
Outstanding Contributor

I think the OP needed replacement keys, not EIS repair.

I see that the key replacement service is done by mobile services, while you wait, at a fraction of the dealer cost in the UK.

I wonder how they do that.

Mercedes Car Key Replacement and Auto Locksmith London
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2016
Vehicle: 1998 Mercedes E320(V6) Base
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93SoCal400E View Post
So, the issue was in the original key.

It can still be fixed for cheap, giving you 3 keys.
Haha, I'll keep that in mind for next time.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVA View Post
Do you mind sharing the place you sent it too? How much was it?

Thanks,

Martin
I will go through my youtube history and try to see if I can find the video where I found those guys. It was $300.00 for two keys.
MAVA likes this.
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
I saw those on Ebay as well but I did not see their actual work nor did I come across reviews for keys that were made by them. I was watching a video on youtube of NEC chips being transferred from a faulty key fob to a working key fob and then it turns out that they sell the tool that can be used to make the keys from the EIS module. I contacted them and instead of transferring the chip, he suggested that it'd probably be a better idea to just have a key fob made from the EIS module. I had two keys made for $300.00. The local dealer wanted $345.00 and they wanted me to bring the car to them. I did not want to have to bring the car because prior to the key not working, I just replaced the head gasket in the car and it was in the process of starting it for the first time after the head gasket job that I realized that the key fob would not turn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in