LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 1997 E420 - 2007 ML350 Limited - 2011 E350 Cabriolet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking for a great indie near New York City.

My sister loves my car so like my cousin,, girlfriend and she wants one too. I don't live in NYC so I can't help. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 01:45 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2003
Vehicle: A whole bunch...
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Steve Kraft @ Kraft German Auto in Brooklyn.

The best by far
wlb50 likes this.

Dave Hendy
Blitzen Motorsports on Ebay

Cars? A whole bunch...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanx. I will give him a call!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 06:25 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2017
Vehicle: 2001 E55
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
where in NYC ?

that cesspool is quite big...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Exclamation BEWARE OF THIS SHOP!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500E View Post
Steve Kraft @ Kraft German Auto in Brooklyn.

The best by far
I really think you gave what you thought was great advice and I did notice that I never met Steve in person just his Manager BUT this has been the most blatant fraud I have ever witnessed. We hired him to do a PRE purchase check on a car and long story short he has made THOUSANDS from my sister fixing all of the things he "MISSED" She could have purchased a Car 4 years newer for the extra he has made off of her.

MAJOR and obvious ( if you look ) Rust issues in the Body , Brake Spindles , rear Gate and internal supports. Cooling Issues ( just replaced Radiator ) Entire washing system ( when the reservoir was leaking ) The list is too long to go into here. I sat in that shop ( I was in town to see WTF was going on ) and I listened to him talk to people on the phone and in person. In short that shop would last a WEEK on the west coast. I will share just ONE of the 14 stories to give you the point. AFTER charging her to do a major brake-job ( we knew it needed it ) she complained for weeks about a loud rattle and banging in the rear. When she finally got to take it to him she says It makes this horrible banging and grinding sound when I drive it. He put it on the rack , knocks on it a few times shrugs and sends her on her way. Get that? HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO DRIVE IT!!! This shop is AN HOUR AND 15 Min Away from her and when she leaves it it takes HOURS to get home via Trains and Uber. She parks the car for WEEKS afraid to drive it. I get there and back the car out and drive 30 FEET!! and I know what is wrong! The emergency brake pad has come loose and is flying around inside the hub!! She's taken that thing back to them so many times I cannot count. She's out THOUSANDS for a car HE cleared her to buy.

The things I heard his new manager telling people in that shop were UN believable. It has to be because people are not as car centric as we are out here. I just can't explain how they fell for his BS. I have it in writing too! How about after your Mobil one oil change you need to have another done in 6mos or when you hit the mileage.... Explain that this car MAY get 5k a year put on it then the 6 MONTHS is still when you bring it in. I just HAD to say it... Oil isn't MILK!! It doesn't go bad!!! I'm sure Mobil one would LOVE to hear that their oil EXPIRES in 6 mos even if you don't use it. I won't get into customer service as i'm not a refined stickler BUT we dropped off the car very early on a day that was 24 degrees, were told it would be finished by noon and sent off....at noon we called to see what was going on and we got the Oh it will be a few more hours we are waiting for parts ,,,,,,,, we went back to the shop and sat in the tiny lobby with others complaining for ANOTHER 2 HRS and guess what? we had to uber and take trains to get home because the couldn't fix it and told us it would be 2 weeks and about 1600 to do the job. I almost lost it. I had words with this so called manager ( the same one who didn't even bother to drive the car when she brought it in ) Next day miraculously the car could be done the next day and for MUCH MUCH less. We all have seen shops like this one but here they end up closed.

She has a new shop now , I met the owner personally and his place is AWESOME and 15 min from her. One visit and he has her all straight.. he was amazed when we told him a professional shop inspected the car pre purchase. First thing he said is TIRES.. they LOOK new but they are cracked and brittle with age ( he didn't make a penny from that , Costco did. Prob why the other shop didn't mention it.)

This place MAY have been the best at one time but in our experience and by listening to this new GM literally spout out MAJOR BS to people on the phone and in person for hours it looked more like a shop in a bad comedy about scammer shops.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 09:43 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2019
Vehicle: 2000 E430 4Matic
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E420Nick View Post
I really think you gave what you thought was great advice and I did notice that I never met Steve in person just his Manager BUT this has been the most blatant fraud I have ever witnessed. We hired him to do a PRE purchase check on a car and long story short he has made THOUSANDS from my sister fixing all of the things he "MISSED" She could have purchased a Car 4 years newer for the extra he has made off of her.

MAJOR and obvious ( if you look ) Rust issues in the Body , Brake Spindles , rear Gate and internal supports. Cooling Issues ( just replaced Radiator ) Entire washing system ( when the reservoir was leaking ) The list is too long to go into here. I sat in that shop ( I was in town to see WTF was going on ) and I listened to him talk to people on the phone and in person. In short that shop would last a WEEK on the west coast. I will share just ONE of the 14 stories to give you the point. AFTER charging her to do a major brake-job ( we knew it needed it ) she complained for weeks about a loud rattle and banging in the rear. When she finally got to take it to him she says It makes this horrible banging and grinding sound when I drive it. He put it on the rack , knocks on it a few times shrugs and sends her on her way. Get that? HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO DRIVE IT!!! This shop is AN HOUR AND 15 Min Away from her and when she leaves it it takes HOURS to get home via Trains and Uber. She parks the car for WEEKS afraid to drive it. I get there and back the car out and drive 30 FEET!! and I know what is wrong! The emergency brake pad has come loose and is flying around inside the hub!! She's taken that thing back to them so many times I cannot count. She's out THOUSANDS for a car HE cleared her to buy.

The things I heard his new manager telling people in that shop were UN believable. It has to be because people are not as car centric as we are out here. I just can't explain how they fell for his BS. I have it in writing too! How about after your Mobil one oil change you need to have another done in 6mos or when you hit the mileage.... Explain that this car MAY get 5k a year put on it then the 6 MONTHS is still when you bring it in. I just HAD to say it... Oil isn't MILK!! It doesn't go bad!!! I'm sure Mobil one would LOVE to hear that their oil EXPIRES in 6 mos even if you don't use it. I won't get into customer service as i'm not a refined stickler BUT we dropped off the car very early on a day that was 24 degrees, were told it would be finished by noon and sent off....at noon we called to see what was going on and we got the Oh it will be a few more hours we are waiting for parts ,,,,,,,, we went back to the shop and sat in the tiny lobby with others complaining for ANOTHER 2 HRS and guess what? we had to uber and take trains to get home because the couldn't fix it and told us it would be 2 weeks and about 1600 to do the job. I almost lost it. I had words with this so called manager ( the same one who didn't even bother to drive the car when she brought it in ) Next day miraculously the car could be done the next day and for MUCH MUCH less. We all have seen shops like this one but here they end up closed.

She has a new shop now , I met the owner personally and his place is AWESOME and 15 min from her. One visit and he has her all straight.. he was amazed when we told him a professional shop inspected the car pre purchase. First thing he said is TIRES.. they LOOK new but they are cracked and brittle with age ( he didn't make a penny from that , Costco did. Prob why the other shop didn't mention it.)

This place MAY have been the best at one time but in our experience and by listening to this new GM literally spout out MAJOR BS to people on the phone and in person for hours it looked more like a shop in a bad comedy about scammer shops.
Thanks for this. Would you be kind enough to give me the name of the new shop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in