post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: E430 w/Sport Package, Black
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What is wrong with a few V8 E430s?

I was on youtube watching 0-60 of E430 and a few of them took 7 secs! That is just as fast as the E320s! So what happened to that additional HP and torque which doesn't make them any faster than its little brother? Mine did it in 6.1-6.2 BTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 02:50 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 1771 Cugnot Steam Wagen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Maybe there is some lag between the camera and youtube.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloydFan810 View Post
Maybe there is some lag between the camera and youtube.
So why is there no lag in any of the E320 Vids? I think it is the cars which are lacking. Maybe they were ignored by their owners? Or they are lemons. Luckily I got on of the quicker ones out there. LEts talk about all our cars! Share your opinions on how you like them when they are driving, performance wise. Believe me, mine pulls hard past 80! It could cruise at 80 all day long with just a slight touch, basically I just rest my foot and not even push it to keep it that way, slight touch and it pushes you in your seat and off it goes to 90+ in no time. 80-100 comes in slightly less than 5 sec.

Share your opinions on your car's performance and how nice they are to drive lol

Last edited by cdvyas; 09-19-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 03:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 2005 W215 CL500
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvyas View Post
So why is there no lag in any of the E320 Vids? I think it is the cars which are lacking. Maybe they were ignored by their owners? Or they are lemons. Luckily I got on of the quicker ones out there. LEts talk about all our cars! Share your opinions on how you like them when they are driving, performance wise. Believe me, mine pulls hard past 80! It could cruise at 80 all day long with just a slight touch, basically I just rest my foot and not even push it to keep it that way, slight touch and it pushes you in your seat and off it goes to 90+ in no time. 80-100 comes in slightly less than 5 sec.

Share your opinions on your car's performance and how nice they are to drive lol
I think you would find that all of our cars will cruise easily at 80 with barely a touch of the pedal. In fact I think you would find that cruising at 80 in any modern car is very easy with barely a push on the pedal.

As for a push in the back...you should try a big diesel...feel that torque. And I can get over 50 mpg (imperial, not the small US version).

2005:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault12ts View Post
I think you would find that all of our cars will cruise easily at 80 with barely a touch of the pedal. In fact I think you would find that cruising at 80 in any modern car is very easy with barely a push on the pedal.

As for a push in the back...you should try a big diesel...feel that torque. And I can get over 50 mpg (imperial, not the small US version).
Yes I know diesels have more torque! Plus in the future whenever I become a successful person and have a nice job, I would rather get a 2006-2007 E550 or E55 for $15-16K instead of buying a new honda accord or something for $20k plus! That is a really smart thing to do, one can buy a 2006-2007 benz for the same price of a new corolla lol
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 04:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2008
Vehicle: 2001 E430 217K mi. Obsidian Black metallic, Ash/Orion Grey interior
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Mine is quick and responsive like you describe... most of the time. Some days, however, it seems a little slower to get up and go. Kind of like its owner... Perhaps performance could be influenced by the weather or the adaptive transmission.

Fred

Quote:

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 04:50 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 1771 Cugnot Steam Wagen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
A car isn't a lemon because it is a second off it's factory 0-60 time. I'd assume it has to do with adaptive trans, road conditions, traction, ESP, etc.

Now an E55. That would be a blast. I'd expect a lot of speeding tickets and raised insurance regularly if I owned one.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 06:29 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 2001 E320 RWD- 2011 E350 4M
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:

You young man, you are cracking me up so bad sometimes I get cramps on my beer belly because I'm laughing so hard.
What are we talking about here? A Bugatti Veyron or a Venom GT or a Saleen S7 or hold on a second even an Infiniti G37??? Just like Renault 12 said any modern car today easily cruises down the interstate at 100 mph, heck even my sister in law's minivan keeps up with my car at 90-95 mph with three kids in the back seat
I know you like your car, so do I and everybody else here but after all these are 4 door luxury sedans and what you are experiencing is what they supposed to do, nothing more nothing less, remember these are older cars they are early 90s technology if not late 80s, probably you were not even born back than, it is such a short period of time for human beings but huge achievements made in the technology.
Heck when I was cruising 100-105 on I-80 at midnight ( as a side note cops and tickets don't scare me a bit) this little late model Hyundai Accent kept up with me a good 50 or 60 miles, he even tried to tempt me a couple of times but what he didn't have in the back seat was a wife and a baby, I know it's annoying as shit but get used to it.
So, no matter what you drive, there is always something faster than you out there, unless you are driving world's fastest street legal super cars, just take care of your car and enjoy your ride and don't worry about another 430 misses a second, it doesn't make em a lemon.
Al
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 06:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1962 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blackhawk View Post
So, no matter what you drive, there is always something faster than you out there, unless you are driving world's fastest street legal super cars, just take care of your car and enjoy your ride and don't worry about another 430 misses a second, it doesn't make em a lemon.
Al
Than there is old question. Is it the man, or the machine?
The biggest satisfaction I had driving was when I was beating up Corvettes and Brabuses while driving Volkswagen diesel station wagon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosmith View Post
Mine is quick and responsive like you describe... most of the time. Some days, however, it seems a little slower to get up and go. Kind of like its owner... Perhaps performance could be influenced by the weather or the adaptive transmission.

Fred
YEs same here, sometimes it doesn't want to rev past 2000 and it shifts hard like going over 2000rpm is banned lol. But driving it a little hard fixes the problem in no time lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in