Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   W210 E-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/)
-   -   What is wrong with a few V8 E430s? (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/2149194-what-wrong-few-v8-e430s.html)

cdvyas 09-19-2014 02:24 PM

What is wrong with a few V8 E430s?

15 Attachment(s)
I was on youtube watching 0-60 of E430 and a few of them took 7 secs! That is just as fast as the E320s! So what happened to that additional HP and torque which doesn't make them any faster than its little brother? Mine did it in 6.1-6.2 BTW

PinkFloydFan810 09-19-2014 02:50 PM

Maybe there is some lag between the camera and youtube.

cdvyas 09-19-2014 03:24 PM

15 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloydFan810 (Post 10142482)
Maybe there is some lag between the camera and youtube.

So why is there no lag in any of the E320 Vids? I think it is the cars which are lacking. Maybe they were ignored by their owners? Or they are lemons. Luckily I got on of the quicker ones out there. LEts talk about all our cars! Share your opinions on how you like them when they are driving, performance wise. Believe me, mine pulls hard past 80! It could cruise at 80 all day long with just a slight touch, basically I just rest my foot and not even push it to keep it that way, slight touch and it pushes you in your seat and off it goes to 90+ in no time. 80-100 comes in slightly less than 5 sec.

Share your opinions on your car's performance and how nice they are to drive lol

renault12ts 09-19-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdvyas (Post 10142666)
So why is there no lag in any of the E320 Vids? I think it is the cars which are lacking. Maybe they were ignored by their owners? Or they are lemons. Luckily I got on of the quicker ones out there. LEts talk about all our cars! Share your opinions on how you like them when they are driving, performance wise. Believe me, mine pulls hard past 80! It could cruise at 80 all day long with just a slight touch, basically I just rest my foot and not even push it to keep it that way, slight touch and it pushes you in your seat and off it goes to 90+ in no time. 80-100 comes in slightly less than 5 sec.

Share your opinions on your car's performance and how nice they are to drive lol

I think you would find that all of our cars will cruise easily at 80 with barely a touch of the pedal. In fact I think you would find that cruising at 80 in any modern car is very easy with barely a push on the pedal.

As for a push in the back...you should try a big diesel...feel that torque. And I can get over 50 mpg (imperial, not the small US version).

cdvyas 09-19-2014 04:07 PM

15 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by renault12ts (Post 10142730)
I think you would find that all of our cars will cruise easily at 80 with barely a touch of the pedal. In fact I think you would find that cruising at 80 in any modern car is very easy with barely a push on the pedal.

As for a push in the back...you should try a big diesel...feel that torque. And I can get over 50 mpg (imperial, not the small US version).

Yes I know diesels have more torque! Plus in the future whenever I become a successful person and have a nice job, I would rather get a 2006-2007 E550 or E55 for $15-16K instead of buying a new honda accord or something for $20k plus! That is a really smart thing to do, one can buy a 2006-2007 benz for the same price of a new corolla lol

fosmith 09-19-2014 04:09 PM

Mine is quick and responsive like you describe... most of the time. Some days, however, it seems a little slower to get up and go. Kind of like its owner... :grin Perhaps performance could be influenced by the weather or the adaptive transmission.

Fred

Quote:

PinkFloydFan810 09-19-2014 04:50 PM

A car isn't a lemon because it is a second off it's factory 0-60 time. I'd assume it has to do with adaptive trans, road conditions, traction, ESP, etc.

Now an E55. That would be a blast. I'd expect a lot of speeding tickets and raised insurance regularly if I owned one.

01blackhawk 09-19-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

You young man, you are cracking me up so bad sometimes I get cramps on my beer belly because I'm laughing so hard.:grin
What are we talking about here? A Bugatti Veyron or a Venom GT or a Saleen S7 or hold on a second even an Infiniti G37??? Just like Renault 12 said any modern car today easily cruises down the interstate at 100 mph, heck even my sister in law's minivan keeps up with my car at 90-95 mph with three kids in the back seat:eek
I know you like your car, so do I and everybody else here but after all these are 4 door luxury sedans and what you are experiencing is what they supposed to do, nothing more nothing less, remember these are older cars they are early 90s technology if not late 80s, probably you were not even born back than, it is such a short period of time for human beings but huge achievements made in the technology.
Heck when I was cruising 100-105 on I-80 at midnight ( as a side note cops and tickets don't scare me a bit) this little late model Hyundai Accent kept up with me a good 50 or 60 miles, he even tried to tempt me a couple of times but what he didn't have in the back seat was a wife and a baby, I know it's annoying as shit but get used to it.
So, no matter what you drive, there is always something faster than you out there, unless you are driving world's fastest street legal super cars, just take care of your car and enjoy your ride and don't worry about another 430 misses a second, it doesn't make em a lemon.:wink
Al

Kajtek1 09-19-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01blackhawk (Post 10143890)
So, no matter what you drive, there is always something faster than you out there, unless you are driving world's fastest street legal super cars, just take care of your car and enjoy your ride and don't worry about another 430 misses a second, it doesn't make em a lemon.:wink
Al

Than there is old question. Is it the man, or the machine?
The biggest satisfaction I had driving was when I was beating up Corvettes and Brabuses while driving Volkswagen diesel station wagon.

cdvyas 09-19-2014 08:00 PM

15 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fosmith (Post 10142938)
Mine is quick and responsive like you describe... most of the time. Some days, however, it seems a little slower to get up and go. Kind of like its owner... :grin Perhaps performance could be influenced by the weather or the adaptive transmission.

Fred

YEs same here, sometimes it doesn't want to rev past 2000 and it shifts hard like going over 2000rpm is banned lol. But driving it a little hard fixes the problem in no time lol.