Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   W210 E-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/)
-   -   Car/tire update... (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/2133153-car-tire-update.html)

Check Codes 09-02-2014 10:15 AM

Car/tire update...

1 Attachment(s)
Over the long weekend, while up in Lake County (CA), the car crossed over 170,000 miles. The tires that went on at 124,000 still look amazing, nearly half the tread left (pic in this thread at 41K miles: https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210...re-update.html)

I continue to be impressed with the E320. I still average nearly 30mpg on the highway and it never fails to deliver a satisfying driving experience. (Well, except sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic...then the only thing that satisfies is the Ducati...).

I picked up a featured role in another musical (Oklahoma!) and with the added driving for rehearsals, by the time the show ends I'll have over 50,000 miles on the tires. To me that seems insane, considering the life I've seen from the others, though admittedly I dumped the last set of Contis with lots of tread on them simply because they had gotten horribly noisy.

I do have a laundry list of things to do, chief among them is a water pump (it's coolant time, and I really don't want to put in new coolant and then have the pump fail, at my mileage it almost seems to be beckoning Murphy...). That said, the car really needs a good wash and detail, but with the rehearsals and the drought situation out here, it's not really in the cards soon.

Oh, and speaking of the drought and car maintenance, the area I was in (Nice, CA, like Nice, France) at one time was really pretty, but it's fallen on hard times, and the awful drought has Clear Lake looking really bad (pic below, it's down 8 feet below normal, you can see the water line on the retention wall). Most of the floating docks aren't (and are unuseable) and the loading ramps are stranded well above waterline. The biological growth of algae, etc. near the shore in most areas (depends on current) is pretty significant, and my car still has a stench when I start it, so I plan to swap out the cabin filters...I mean this is really a priority...hopefully the charcoal ones will recover. ;)

Just hoping everyone else is enjoying their W210s and taking care of them as best they can.

Beverly Sharp 09-02-2014 10:42 AM

a

Drought is really bad in places. In Rowlett, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, you drive across a long causeway spanning part of Lake Ray Hubbard, and what was a part of the lake is now empty of water; it looks like a grassland. Bad.
James

01blackhawk 09-02-2014 09:49 PM

And we had an unusually (actually not really surprising for CO) wet summer this year, may, June, July and August it rained almost every other day, landscape, hills, mountains, farms, everything is still green which normally would turn yellow and brown latest by July 4th, gotta love CO but I wish we had the ocean here, then I'd never leave this state even for a single day.

Greg, are you driving thru CO when going to OK?

Check Codes 09-03-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01blackhawk (Post 9998746)
And we had an unusually (actually not really surprising for CO) wet summer this year, may, June, July and August it rained almost every other day, landscape, hills, mountains, farms, everything is still green which normally would turn yellow and brown latest by July 4th, gotta love CO but I wish we had the ocean here, then I'd never leave this state even for a single day.

Greg, are you driving thru CO when going to OK?

Colorado has been in a repetitive drought for so long, I'm very happy to hear that you've had that much rainfall. My home state, Arizona, has been getting some much-needed rain, while here in CA we're in severe drought conditions, so much so that desalination plants are being built and more considered.

And sorry for any confusion, the musical is named "Oklahoma!" (by Rogers & Hammerstein). It's staged in the south SF bay area. I'm not nearly in that much demand. ;)

Kajtek1 09-03-2014 09:25 AM

I was camping last weekend at reservoirs that belong to Sacramento water district.
They are listed at about 70% capacity full and we are just days from rain season.
I think it is not that bad.
Still remember drought 20 years ago, when lake shore campgrounds needed 3 miles walk to reach the water, or whatever was left in reservoirs.
What City you Greg play this time? We go to opening season this Saturday in Lafayette.