LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Water inside, A and C pillars :(

Hey guys ! long time since i've been on here, hoping some of you can help a Norwegian e-class owner

Issue is that my car is taking in water bigtime, and with the random weather we have up here its a big problem. The inside of the car is just moist as hell, and it freezes and results in every window being covered in ice from the inside
If i stand in a downward hill i get water in mid-A piller and standing upwards i get water in by the C-piller. Mold and everything back there now

So i'm guessing its the sunroof or the drains being the problem, but i'm not sure on how to attack it... i took of the inside of the C-piller but can't get to the drain hose/pipe and can't really see anything around the sunroof... And tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated !

Have a good day guys !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 10:46 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2012
Vehicle: '02 E430 4Matic, '14 MB E350 Sport 4Matic, '01 BMW 740i, '16 Golf R, '17 Audi Q7, '10 Chevy Suburban
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Have you checked the drain ports in the sunroof carriage area for blockages? You can pour water to see if it drains. If not, use string trimmer line or something similar to "snake" on the ports and drains to clear it.. or even compressed air.

I don't know he hose configuration on the W210's, but on My BMW the hose behind the headliner actually became detached and caused a similar leak.

Run the car with the AC compressor / windows closed on to dehumidify the interior. If you can't get it resolved before the next rain, tape up the sunroof to keep the inside dry.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
The water drains run down the inside of the A pillars and you can get to them with the sunroof open, they run from the sunroof down the A pillar to just inside the wheel arch so you will need a long wire to clean them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywbo View Post
Have you checked the drain ports in the sunroof carriage area for blockages? You can pour water to see if it drains. If not, use string trimmer line or something similar to "snake" on the ports and drains to clear it.. or even compressed air.

I don't know he hose configuration on the W210's, but on My BMW the hose behind the headliner actually became detached and caused a similar leak.

Run the car with the AC compressor / windows closed on to dehumidify the interior. If you can't get it resolved before the next rain, tape up the sunroof to keep the inside dry.
Hey

I can't see any blockage but haven't tried to use anything to clear the ports, was uncertain if i could get to them... When i removed the inside of the c-pillar i could see that the hose was attached but can't get to it easily to clear it... Car is also standing outside everyday but at least now it has a cover over it. Wish i didn't have sunroof, never gets warm enough to use that here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
The water drains run down the inside of the A pillars and you can get to them with the sunroof open, they run from the sunroof down the A pillar to just inside the wheel arch so you will need a long wire to clean them out.
Hey. Ye i will do that, the hard part is getting to the drains in the back tho... The whole c-piller is covered in mold I always have the inside light off on the car and i always drive when its dark so i haven't seen until now. I have definitely seen all the ice inside the car tho,lol

Thanks for the answers both of you, i'll do as you say then check back here !
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: 2001 S210 320 CDI Avantgarde Estate
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can always use some clear silicone to seal your roof if you are not very fond of the car..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones1 View Post
You can always use some clear silicone to seal your roof if you are not very fond of the car..
It is an option if desperate but clearing his drains should fix the water ingress problem, his next problem will be to clean the mess up.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
I'll try clearing the drain first Since the drain hoses seem to be connected and not loose or anything they are probably/hopefully just clogged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in