Flushed my tranny - Page 18 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:30 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 2001 E320 RWD- 2011 E350 4M
Location: Denver
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I took some pics whens we were doing my friend`s E320 last week, super simple process. First couple pictures shows the location when were unscrewing the bolt, third one is taken from the front of the car hose attached and tightened with a zip tie, it was already a tight fit but did not want to take any chances.
Fourth picture is the hose running thru where the air inlet was.
And the last one was where the hose goes in to our collecting container which was an empty windshield fluid bottle
We marked it at 2qts and one of us at the front, the other in the car, start the car and when the other person signals turn it off. Take 2 qts out and add 2qts new fluid, start the car again, 2 qts out and shut it off at the signal again. 2 out and 2 in again until you get clean nice wine color fluid. We used just about 12 qts and clean fluid start to coming.
I`ve done this back in 2012 by myself in my garage and boy it is a lot easier with 2 people, piece of cake.
Hope these pics help to the folks when they need a visual reference.
Cheers
Al
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	492.4 KB
ID:	2488882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	464.0 KB
ID:	2488884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	512.3 KB
ID:	2488886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Views:	27
Size:	754.5 KB
ID:	2488888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5.PNG
Views:	25
Size:	634.0 KB
ID:	2488890  

nugent likes this.
01blackhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #172 of 177 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:01 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Pin2's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2010 ML350-4matic | 1997 E320 | 1998 E320 (retired @ 233K)
Location: VA
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blackhawk View Post
I took some pics whens we were doing my friend`s E320 last week, super simple process. First couple pictures shows the location when were unscrewing the bolt, third one is taken from the front of the car hose attached and tightened with a zip tie, it was already a tight fit but did not want to take any chances.
Fourth picture is the hose running thru where the air inlet was.
And the last one was where the hose goes in to our collecting container which was an empty windshield fluid bottle
We marked it at 2qts and one of us at the front, the other in the car, start the car and when the other person signals turn it off. Take 2 qts out and add 2qts new fluid, start the car again, 2 qts out and shut it off at the signal again. 2 out and 2 in again until you get clean nice wine color fluid. We used just about 12 qts and clean fluid start to coming.
I`ve done this back in 2012 by myself in my garage and boy it is a lot easier with 2 people, piece of cake.
Hope these pics help to the folks when they need a visual reference.
Cheers
Al
Hey I am doing this and after reading everything I am still confused which line will the egress for the flush. Can you assist telling we which one from the picture I should use you can mention the color if that makes it easy? I have a 1997 E320 I6 engine and 722.605 Trans,.

Pin2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_183905.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	2502456   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_183839.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	2502458  

--Pin2--
"there is a Pin1 and Pin3 out there somewhare"
Pin2 is offline  
post #173 of 177 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: 1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
Location: Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Posts: 3,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin2 View Post
Hey I am doing this and after reading everything I am still confused which line will the egress for the flush. Can you assist telling we which one from the picture I should use you can mention the color if that makes it easy? I have a 1997 E320 I6 engine and 722.605 Trans,.

Pin2
Make your life easy. Your transmission has a drain plug on the pan as well as on the torque converter. Drain them both and you don't have to disconnect anything and you will use only eight liters and not twelve.

Len
'59 220S Cabriolet - sold and living in Malta
'83 240D original owner 351,500 miles - sadly I let it go
'88 560SL 41,000 miles being parted out -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 E300 turbo 214,000 miles
'03 SLK320 40,500 miles - gave to my daughter
'14 Smart electric 17,000 miles
'14 Smart electric cabriolet 9,500 miles
sokoloff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #174 of 177 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:02 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 2001 E320 RWD- 2011 E350 4M
Location: Denver
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Red circled one in the second picture, it enters the radiator at the middle point, not bottom not top.
Hope this helps.
01blackhawk is offline  
post #175 of 177 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:12 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 2001 E320 RWD- 2011 E350 4M
Location: Denver
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
You can take the air box and fan shroud, unplug it and use a flat screwdriver on the two top clips and it should come off easily. I donít know if the 99 is different than 01 thou.
When you flush 2qts out and add 2 qts in until the nice clear color fluid comes out, at the last fill add half a qt less, if itís low adding is always easier than draining the extra fluid.
Finish the job and take a half hour break so the fluid settles and fluid temperature drops. Once you clean up all the mess itís actually a good time to start the car and immediately measure for 25C level. If you get the initial measurement correct after a half hour drive 80C measurement should come right at the spot.
Let us know how it goes.
Benzyle likes this.
01blackhawk is offline  
post #176 of 177 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:56 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Pin2's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2010 ML350-4matic | 1997 E320 | 1998 E320 (retired @ 233K)
Location: VA
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloff View Post
Make your life easy. Your transmission has a drain plug on the pan as well as on the torque converter. Drain them both and you don't have to disconnect anything and you will use only eight liters and not twelve.
I guess I should have been more clear I have ATF/Coolant contamination so therefore I need to do this to get the remaining bad fluid out I already did the pan and torque converter.

Pin2

--Pin2--
"there is a Pin1 and Pin3 out there somewhare"
Pin2 is offline  
post #177 of 177 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:28 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Pin2's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2010 ML350-4matic | 1997 E320 | 1998 E320 (retired @ 233K)
Location: VA
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_E View Post
... to clear up my own confusion, I looked up the flow scheme for the transmission fluid to the cooler and back for the W210. (On other cars with the 722.6 transmission, the configuration of the lines can be different).

It shows that there is no contradiction, after all, between yumling's experience and the MB instructions. The mistake was in the arrows added to the first two pictures that you posted, z_a_p. I hope you will now be able to perform the procedure correctly.
This flow makes sense it will clear out both egress and ingress transmission coolant lines. However, in my case since the radiator is bad and being replaced I can do it at the radiator point.

--Pin2--
"there is a Pin1 and Pin3 out there somewhare"
Pin2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W210 E-Class

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
any of you guys flushed your antifreeze? Carlo$ R129 SL-Class 3 11-13-2007 10:30 PM
Had brake fluid flushed, now park brake lgiht on 4BRATZ W163 M-Class 5 05-17-2007 08:37 PM
Flushed Transmission oil & Differential oil (rear & front) today at the dealer wannaln W163 M-Class 2 01-27-2007 05:40 AM
Just had Trans Flushed RDM3 W201 190-Class 9 05-29-2006 06:07 AM
'97 C36 tranny vs. '98/99 C43 tranny Walden W202 C36 AMG, C43 AMG 0 11-11-2003 10:29 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome