Date registered: May 2019
Vehicle: 2016 C300 4Matic
Location: Dallas, Texas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New to MB - Need user advice
Hello and wish you all a good day!
I am new to MB world, having driven Audi Q5, BMW 330i and Jaguar XF, decided to take the plunge and bought a used 2016 C300 4Matic with 40K miles on it locally in Dallas, TX. The car is still under warranty (3 months left) and wanted to get some advice from all the MB Gurus here:
1. Known issues which I should be looking out for, to get covered under warranty (which expires in 3 months)
2. Extended Warranty - better to buy from MB or outside,... any recommendations, pitfalls to avoid
3. Excessive road noise - Looked at the road noise thread with the W205, did people manage to convince their dealers to put in the new windows using the recall notice, or do the dealers need more convincing?
4. Apple Car Play - The car seems to have come with TG 5.0 COMAND system, which is not compatible to get CarPlay - Any advice on how to get that upgraded
5. One of the tyres is a non-run flat and the previous owner seems to have changed that one, all other are original continental sport SSR RF. Is it advisable to change just one tyre, and instead of getting a new one, get a used one instead so that there is near-close tread on all 4 tyres, or replace 2 tyres at a time? The 3 tyres do have around 5-8K miles on them
Really appreciate any advice which you all can give, and will be posting pictures of the car soon. its all stock right now, will look for advice on improvements once I am a bit more comfortable with the car.
Thanks and have a great day.