LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2018
Vehicle: 2015 C300 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2015 C300 Exact Location/Route to the Evaporator?

I'm working to resolve the "funky" A/C smell issue... at least for a while, I hear, until it eventually comes back What I am having trouble with is finding any information of EXACTLY where the evaporator core/coil is located. I have found instructions that say "just stick the cleaner spray hose through the blower motor fins" or "pull out the cabin filter and feed the hose in there and spray". Neither one makes much sense to me, as it will not end up spraying directly on the evaporator itself.

Most of the parts blow-up images found online are for W204's and earlier, and even the blow-ups don't show clearly how I could get directly to the evaporator and/or THE ROUTE to get to the evaporator.

I have removed the blower motor/fan, but that didn't seem to give me any additional access. I removed the interior cabin carbon filter and fed the Klima Cleaner hose into the empty filter cavity and through a side passage that went to the left (to the middle of the vehicle/center console) and emptied the can of cleaner in there. It helped the odor, but it's still there.

I need to get the cleaner directly on the evaporator, but it's literately a shot in the dark at this point.

Anybody know for sure the best access point? Thank you for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 02:30 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Vehicle: 2016 W205
Have you tried the Bio Pledge A/C service at the dealership? It removes the odor.
Serviced mine around April and haven't gotten the smell back.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
No, I haven't gone that route yet. Being in Southwest Florida, we run the A/C year round and if this is going to be a reoccurring issue, I'd rather be able to handle it myself both for the convenience of doing it at home in an hour and the reoccurring expense that can add up year after year.

I'm glad to hear the dealer was able to get rid of it for you! If you don't mind sharing, could you let me know how much they charged you? I've been hearing it usually runs around $250-$300 to have the dealer do it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Never mind, richiie_richh, I just came across your other post in the thread https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w20...y-smell-c.html where you list the prices.

Thanks again man.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 11:08 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Vehicle: 2016 W205
Yeah no problem. I'm in California and I use my AC everyday as well. I have tried so many tricks to fix it but if they do, they work for just a couple days. I highly reccomend the A/C service at the dealership.

Goodluck!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Thanks again. It's looking like your advice is the best route, I'll just have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer and cross my fingers
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 11:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
1. to re-mediate the existing "issue" - park outisde of garage - turn Heat to maximum - activate reciculation if you have it - cook the cabin for 30 minutes

2. ongoing - yes - normal cabin filter replacement is 20K - and your dealer will tell you there is a bulletin for 10K cabin filter replacement in high humidity areas,
that said - "most" of those that I see with this issue are customers who run their climate control on manual setting - or in auto at too-low setting - in manual setting or too-dang-low-auto "over drives" the system the especially in high humidity areas the very efficient aircon will build up "frost" on the evaporator - which in turn lower's efficiency of the system - and when you turn off your MB - that frost inside the system melts leaving the system internally damp - which in turn leads to the musty smell
ongoing - best to "retrain" and use auto at reasonable temp - "over driven system" leads to "musty"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W205 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in