post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:38 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2018 C300 (W205)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georj View Post
Ronaghi, Which dealer did you go to? I am in the Bay Area. Please send private message with your details. I think there is a real problem with these cars wrt wind and road noise.

Thanks,
Georj
Apparently I need to post 2 more posts on the forums to be able to send a PM. Here's number 1!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:40 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2018 C300 (W205)
They can probably replace the front side windshields with double-paned glass, and switch out your tires to non-run flats when the time comes. I have to say that a lot of the random noise issues have disappeared now that I've put ~8,000 miles on the car.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 01:38 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 1999 C280, 2015 C300
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Yes these run-flat tires are very loud and not very reliable. I have a 1999 C280 with over 208K miles. I have only had two flat tires due to nail for the last 20 years I have had the car. On the 2015 C300, I have already had three flats, twice the windshield cracked from rock on the highway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:37 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ronaghi View Post
I own a 2018, and was also experiencing excessive road-noise. I took it to the dealer, who replaced the front driver/passenger windows with double-paned glass. That resolved the issue!
I took my 2015 C300 to the same dealer. They test drove my car and said the noise level is normal for these cars. I am thinking of investing in a noise-level meter and measure the noise in the car and then do some research to see what is considered accepted decibels in a luxury car.

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 12:22 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2018
Vehicle: 2015 C300 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkaia524 View Post
I just purchased a 2015 C300 4matic 3 weeks ago. At speeds above 70 the wind noise is very problematic, to the point that I now wear earplugs when Iím on the highway. Car has 15,000 miles.

I downloaded a noise level app on my phone. Recorded 84.7 dB at 76 mph. Ridiculous.

I commute 150 miles r/t, 90% at highway speeds, and have driven a Honda Fit, BMW 1 Series, and a Porsche Macan S on this route for the last eight years. None even approach this C300 in terms of wind noise. I even rented a Nissan Sentra last week on a trip and it was significantly quieter than this car.

Dealer said they will fix it. If not, Iíll need to return the car for something better. Iíll report what happens.
Dealer replaced the front driver and passenger windows with acoustic glass at no cost. Major difference - car is now driveable at highway speeds. There is a TSB for this repair.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 12:16 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Dealer replaced the front driver and passenger windows with acoustic glass at no cost. Major difference - car is now driveable at highway speeds. There is a TSB for this repair.
Thank you for the update. Do you have the TSB number for this repair? Does anyone know how to get the TSB number. Two dealers here in the Bay Area have now told me that this noise is normal.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2018
Vehicle: 2015 C300 4matic
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 08:42 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Thank You PK. Where are you located. Please update your profile to show your location and car details. It helps other members on this forum to provide better advice.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 06:06 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georj View Post
I took my 2015 C300 to the same dealer. They test drove my car and said the noise level is normal for these cars. I am thinking of investing in a noise-level meter and measure the noise in the car and then do some research to see what is considered accepted decibels in a luxury car.

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome.
I contacted the same dealer again and told him about the TSB. He was aware of the TSB and said that TSB only applies if the noise is excessive. He said that the head foreman tested my car and the noise level is within acceptable range so the TSB does not apply. He said I could try a different dealer....
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 08:40 PM
BenzWorld Member

I went to a different dealer in the Bay Area. The foreman rode with me and did find the noise excessive. They kept the car for two days and claim to replace the front driver and passenger side window glass and some other work.

It has made a big difference but still lot of road noise due to run-flat tires. There is still some wind and ambient noise, which in my opinion should not be acceptable in a high-end luxury car, especially a German car. Next time I am going to get a Lexus, I have heard very good things from the owners.

So it turns out that it is up to the discretion of the dealer. The TSB is not a recall. The Dealer guy decides if your car meets the criteria or not.

This is a perfect ground for class action suit, if there are any attorneys here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W205 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in