Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   W205 C-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w205-c-class/)
-   -   Headlights and mirror (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w205-c-class/2936977-headlights-mirror.html)

njriedel25 01-15-2018 06:11 PM

Headlights and mirror
 
3 Attachment(s)
Hi there all. So just bought this beauty as a cpo and it still has a years worth of manufacturers warranty till November. I hate to be picky but after getting burned on my previous Benz Iím going to make sure things are right. So....Iím guessing this isnít normal....Iím guessing moisture got into the housing after they washed and detailed the car before I bought it tonight.

dforney56 01-16-2018 01:06 PM

from my understanding very small amounts of moisture are normal like the moisture in pics of you headlights, and it will go away when car sits in sun for a little while. but the amount that is in your mirrors is a sign of a bad seal and i would show your local dealer as they will most likely replace for free.. i have had my taillight replace for the same issue

njriedel25 01-19-2018 12:33 PM

mirror
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dforney56 (Post 17020865)
from my understanding very small amounts of moisture are normal like the moisture in pics of you headlights, and it will go away when car sits in sun for a little while. but the amount that is in your mirrors is a sign of a bad seal and i would show your local dealer as they will most likely replace for free.. i have had my taillight replace for the same issue


So just an update, my headlight vapor has evaporated. May test it this weekend and give the car a handwashing to just make sure. However the vapor in the mirror turn signal still persists so ill have them look at it when I take it in next week.

Georj 03-03-2018 10:18 PM

This is a perfect example of poor quality control which we did not expect from MB.

I have a 1999 C280 with almost 200K miles and the car has been through several automatic car washes, Tahoe bliztorm and severe storms. Never there has been any moisture or condensation anywhere.

I think MB cut corners and sacrificed quality trying to compete with strong competion from others with similar capabilities but at much lower price.

In my opinion MB has failed.

I will not be purchasing any new MB until they get their act togehter.

fabbrisd1 03-10-2018 08:35 PM

Well...Geo... just to bring you up-to-21st century... the current headlight tech uses housing that are not airtight - so light inner condensation is not uncommon at all..the mirror water is a example of a dealership who has their pressure washer turned too high... I understand you are entitled to your opinion - but it's a opinion..

Georj 03-13-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 17251034)
Well...Geo... just to bring you up-to-21st century... the current headlight tech uses housing that are not airtight - so light inner condensation is not uncommon at all..the mirror water is a example of a dealership who has their pressure washer turned too high... I understand you are entitled to your opinion - but it's a opinion..

My opinion is not based on just the condensation in the headlights. I have not experienced that with my 2015 C300 may be because I dont take it to a commercial carwash. I hand wash myself.

I own a 1999 C280 with over 198K miles and a 2015 C300 with 11K miles. The C300 is fast, but loud. It has excessive road and wind noise, and MB has gone overboard with electronics. The choice of tires and suspension is very poor. With three people in the back seat, the car bottoms out even on a small bump. It is by no imagination a luxury car. Even in Comfort mode, it shifts at high reves and the ride is not smooth at all. My 1999 C280 even with almost 200K miles on it, drives much smoother, is quieterm and much better turning radius.
I think the C300 was a big goof by MB.

Traveler0980 03-14-2018 05:40 PM

They must have made some changes as my 2018 fit and finish is great. Car rides like a dream in the comfort mode and acts like a sports car in the Sport+ mode with the higher shift points.

I'm just having a ball driving this car.

Just my $.02 worth.

Georj 03-14-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler0980 (Post 17266138)
They must have made some changes as my 2018 fit and finish is great. Car rides like a dream in the comfort mode and acts like a sports car in the Sport+ mode with the higher shift points.

I'm just having a ball driving this car.

Just my $.02 worth.

I think MB got lot of feedback on the 2015 C300s, that they had to impove. I have not driven the 2018 models, but it is too late. I have lost confidence in MB.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.