Spare Tire in the 2015 C300? - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 09:31 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 1999 C280, 2015 C300
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
The Mercedes MOEs are rated for 20 miles as opposed to real RFTs which are rated for 50 miles.
You may want to educate yourself. Some good information here: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...jsp?techid=234
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 10:13 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2014
Vehicle: benzw205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Who care the marketing bullshiiit, I just like to know that whatever happens I will never stop under the tropical sun to change a tire or wait for help just because I was stupid enough to save few $$$ or think that my comfort what so low with RFT tires.
I would drive 200 miles with exploded RFT.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 07:13 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2015
Vehicle: 2008 E350 4Matic; 2015 C300 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Angry Replacing them all-too many problems with RFT

I've been driving for 30 years; 8 years a 4 car family. I've never had to overthink tires because they were an occasional rare problem. I've owned a 2015 C300 for almost a year and have my second tire blowout with only partially worn tires. The same exact DEFECT happened - the sidewall about an inch from the rim has a gaping 2" wide hole. A 3rd tire got a nail in it (oh year, RFTs can't be repaired with a $10 kit either-not allowed according to the specs). These tires suck. Bad design. Go ahead and be the righteous sounding sole voice "in the name of safety", but being in the northeast and everything I read about how you aren't supposed to drive them in snow or heavy rain if flat says you are going to be on the side of the road awaiting a tow, 2-3 times as often as someone with conventional tires, at risk to have the tractor trailer come by and take your life. Or you try and drive a RFT in those conditions in the name of "safety" with a false sense of getting to your destination when one tire has no grip on the road. I've never had to overthink so much about tires on a car that came off a 2-year lease and now am facing a second defective failure. And for those claiming mileage gains, read about the extra weight RFTs add that reduces the weight loss of no spare and tools down to a fractional amount. It's all about cost. Tire manufacturers are subsidizing these "more expensive tires" getting put on the new cars to create a new class of "we can charge what we want" and paying all of the ad dollars to promote safety and fuel economy. All sounds fantastic on paper if you don't look at the motives and until you experience the reality. Why the F am I again stressing so much over tires on a 3 year car? Ripping the band aid off with RFTs. Keep in mind it's going to cost my WAY MORE for me to do that since I have invested in 2 RFTs in 8 months of owning a 2 year old car - so I'm essentially buying my way out of these pieces of shit. So you're theory of being cheap doesn't fly with me-I can afford the $$ more than I can afford the time of having way more tire problems with the newest of 4 cars than I should be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W205 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in