post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2013 C250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Thanks Vortecpwr.

Now that you mentioned it, I had a new 2015 C300 for a week as loaner. Ride quality was fine and very similar to my 2013 C250, no prob. Are the new RFT's/extended mobility tires durable enough?

S.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium (+Ford Performance by Borla-Touring exhaust, etc.) white/black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2014
Vehicle: 13 GLK350, 02 325, 94 sonoma, 12 RAM, 01 WS6
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
I have seen a couple runflat tires that had come completely apart from excessive speed and distance with no air. But like anything else, damage was gonna occur anyway.

when the air is completely out of them, they still hold the car up. Not sure exactly how many miles they will get before worn out. I know I have seen 222 S550 tires worn slick within 15k miles.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 06:37 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2015
Vehicle: 2015 C300 4MATIC sport pkg
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to RayWJr
i am not a fan, my 2 front are bald at 8,000 miles. dealer now tells me i should get about 15,000 miles....i will replace all 4 with a different tire. 19" staggered, any recomendation on replacement tires? currently have Pirelli 225/40 R19 93Y

Last edited by RayWJr; 10-15-2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayWJr View Post
i am not a fan, my 2 front are bald at 8,000 miles. dealer now tells me i should get about 15,000 miles....i will replace all 4 with a different tire. 19" staggered, any recomendation on replacement tires? currently have Pirelli 225/40 R19 93Y
It's been a month. So what tires did you go with for replacements?

S.

2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium (+Ford Performance by Borla-Touring exhaust, etc.) white/black
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:36 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: C 240 Elg 2002, B 170 2007, C 280 AVG 2009 T model C250 2015
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The tyre on your car is RFT type (Run Flat Tyre), you can still on the road even totally lost pressure with speed up to 50 miles/hr
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
Any other C class owners put a lot of miles on these tires by now....

S.

post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 11:30 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2016
$425
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 02:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
$425 for what ^ ?

S.

post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 06:06 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2016
I have a 2015 C300. Got it a year ago. It came with 19 inch AMG wheels with run-flat Continental ContiSport tires. Some one here said having a flat tire is rare, but it wasn't so in my case, especially with this car. 2 flats and a busted tire in one year.

First time, I took it to the dealership in the hopes of getting it fixed. But, they said they won't touch any puncture with in 3 inches from the wall. They told me I had to buy a new tire and the cost was $425. I am like WTF, I drove it to my general mechanic and he fixed it for 7 bucks. He just a put a patch on it. This was a rear tire.

The second time, I had a flat on the same tire. Again, I went to my mechanic. This time a screw went through the wall, and I had to get a new tire. I didn't ask too many questions (cursing myself for getting this car without finding out the facts about it), just bought the same original tire. He charged me $375.

Third time, my front right wheel hit a big pot hole. Tire pressure went to zero almost immediately. I tried to locate where the flat was but I couldn't. I took it to the mechanic once again. He took one glance at the tire and said I needed to get a new tire as the wall of the tire had a 3 inch long crack. Here is the kicker, I couldn't just get one tire but two, as this was a front tire. So, at this point I decided to go with regular tires. Got two brand new REGULAR tires for a price less than that of one RUN-FLAT. I found the car to be running a bit softer with the new tread in the front.

So, there folks, I am a RUN-FLAT hater. They are expensive, don't last long, and they seem to pick up a lot of nails. BTW, I am an average driver that goes to work 5 days a week and take the family out on the weekends. I don't do whole lot of fancy things with this car. So, comments like "suspension was calibrated to the stiffness of the tire walls" don't mean anything to me. Also, I am one of those guys that change their own tires, so AAA solution sounds lame to me.

Now that I don't have all run-flats, I am in need of a spare wheel. I have been calling around junk yards and old tire shops to find a suitable wheel. I don't care to spend much money on a spare for a car I keep only for 4 years. If anyone can direct me on where to get a spare suitable for 2015 C300, I really appreciate it. I need specific info please.
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 07:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2014
Vehicle: 13 GLK350, 02 325, 94 sonoma, 12 RAM, 01 WS6
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
should have bought the wheel and tire warranty when you bought the car. those tires would have been replaced for FREE.

I already had them replace one on my wife's GLA. it has already paid for itself on 1 tire replacement. good thing is I also got paid to mount and balance the tire. its the perks of being a tech.

back to your ride comment. I see no difference in ride on either tire. RTF is where its at and all makers will soon be on RTF.

cant help on spare. sorry
MB-SV likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W205 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in