LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2019, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Voice Command Button

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have a 2012 C300 sport 4matic with what I believe is basic audio ( am/fm/sirius/cd and the silver knob thing... sorry still learning what everything is called, no nav
My question is, I can pair my phone with the system...
But what does the voice command button on the steering wheel do? I have been playing around with this and it seems to be completely inop thanks guys! sorry if this irritates the pros out there.. its my first benz.. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 08:17 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 2013 C300 4Matic, 98 SL500 SP1 Pano, 2014 CLA-250 4Matic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
High_Priest,

If your vehicle was equipment with the entertainment package your 'voice activation' button will work to initiate calls, etc.If your vehicle did not include the entertainment package your voice activation button will not work. Ran into this on my Wife's C117 which has the button but is non-op without entertainment package.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:08 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2017
Vehicle: 2014 C300 4Matic Sport
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Priest View Post
Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have a 2012 C300 sport 4matic with what I believe is basic audio ( am/fm/sirius/cd and the silver knob thing... sorry still learning what everything is called, no nav
But what does the voice command button on the steering wheel do? I have been playing around with this and it seems to be completely inop thanks guys! sorry if this irritates the pros out there.. its my first benz.. thanks!

Sounds like you have the Audio20 system. The Audio20 system does not come standard with a Navigation package, but can be upgraded via a glovebox plug in module called Becker Map Pilot. Quick way to check is to press the Navi button and see what happens. If nothing, then you do not have the Becker module installed.

Point is that the steering wheel voice command button activated the voice command for the Becker Map Pilot, when the module is installed. Chances are it is not linked to anything if you have Audio20 without the Becker Map Pilot.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2019, 04:32 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2017
Vehicle: 2014 C300 4Matic Sport
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Priest View Post

Yes, you can pair your phone.

Look they the phone menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W204 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in