LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
desperate

i am the proud owner of a 2004w203 c200 cdi t classic, this was my dream car and wash purchased for me as a retirement present, to date i am finding myself renewing genuine mercedes parts from its birth ,i have just purchased a mb11 i carsoft obd as i have an issue ,ie esp faulty on the screen but no other lights etc are shown ,whist i can turn a spanner or wrench technology is a bug bear, can anyone please advise me about this particlar item much appreciated and thanyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 10:15 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 92 190e 2.6 Sportline, 2005 clk55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
did you get any codes from the scanner? Is you ABS light on by chance?

Never say Die.......
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 10:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2016
Vehicle: 2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
First, welcome to the M-B family! The vintage of car you have is a good one. My mechanic buddy has a couple of W203 wagons now and has a strong respect for the build quality. I wish we got all those CDI models over here in the States like you do; I'm guessing you're in Europe or the UK.

Second, Carsoft is a good general-purpose tool if you're doing a lot of different car models. However, for M-B's of this vintage, what you really need is an SDS setup. They're about $600 for a complete setup. SDS is the only thing that I'm aware of that will diagnose *everythang* on this generation, or newer, of M-B. Given my stable of cars (see my sig), I speak from experience on this point. Carsoft just ain't good enough for these cars, unfortunately; you really do need SDS if you're going to DIY.

If you're getting an ESP code, and that's *all* you're getting, i. e. there's no BAS code or SRS code or whatever else...it could be a few things.

First, the car could simply need a little bit of driving. If the battery's been disconnected, the car's got to run for a little bit to recalibrate itself. Fortunately, the car rechecks itself after every startup, so if that's all that's "wrong", the light should go away after a drive, shutdown, and restart.

Second, there could be a small amount of oxidation, a.k.a. corrosion, on the pins. The solution to that is to disconnect the battery, then exercise the connector a little bit. That means pull the connection apart and put it back together again a few times, just to ensure good electrical connectivity.

Third, you might actually have a faulty ESP module. This is possible, but less likely. Only solution there is to replace the ESP module or send it out for repair, as there are folks out there who can successfully repair M-B electronic modules.

2000 S430 (Dad's car, used for special occasions)
2003 S430 (one of two current DD's--second W220 project car, just for fun--decided to keep it after all)
2003 S600 (third w220 project car, the sports car)
2005 E320 CDI (the other current DD--first W211 project car)

Formerly--AND ONCE AGAIN! (I just married the girl):
2000 S500 (best friend's--now WIFE's--DD: my first W220 project car, once gone to, AND NOW RETURNED FROM, an excellent home--welcome back home, baby!)

Last edited by cowboyt; 04-27-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W203 C32 AMG, C55 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in