Problem transmission mercedes 722.6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Problem transmission mercedes 722.6

Hello.
I have a problem with a transmission 722.6 mercedes.
I want to ask if you have any idea what the problem is and what I need to fix it:
-the diagnosis gives me the next error The P2500 gearbox has a non-transmitted transmission ratio, P2502
P2502 (implausible gear or transmission slipping)
As a description: The car goes well without shuffling. but when I kick it down or I accelerate it hard I think at the speed shift of 2-3; the car accelerates, increasing engine speeds up to 6-7000 rpm, but the car stays in place (going from inertia) as if it accelerated in neutral; after I stop accelerating and slowing down, go in speed with a shock.

I'm waiting for your answer, thank you very much.
Radu Mihai Tifachi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 04:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Benzyle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2013
Vehicle: MY05 CLK55 AMG , MY05 CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
Location: Australia's East Coast
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Service the transmission. Put new fluid,new filter,new gasket,new harness connector.
Drive it smoothly.
Benzyle is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 04:49 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2010
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
before servicing

do a TCU reset.
not saying it will help but it can't hurt.
if you drop the valve body put in the sonnax overlap kit and new torque solenoiid
waveterrorist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 12:21 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
insame1's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 92 190e 2.6 Sportline, 2005 clk55
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Dollars to doughnuts you have a bad conductor plate. The output speed sensors crack on these all the time. Do yourself a favor and get a star scan first. Could be something as small as a bad battery

Never say Die.......
insame1 is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 12:30 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2015
Vehicle: 2001 CLK320 2002 S500
Location: Florida
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu Mihai Tifachi View Post
Hello.
I have a problem with a transmission 722.6 mercedes.
I want to ask if you have any idea what the problem is and what I need to fix it:
-the diagnosis gives me the next error The P2500 gearbox has a non-transmitted transmission ratio, P2502
P2502 (implausible gear or transmission slipping)
As a description: The car goes well without shuffling. but when I kick it down or I accelerate it hard I think at the speed shift of 2-3; the car accelerates, increasing engine speeds up to 6-7000 rpm, but the car stays in place (going from inertia) as if it accelerated in neutral; after I stop accelerating and slowing down, go in speed with a shock.

I'm waiting for your answer, thank you very much.
OP is right these transmission don't go bad but the plastic parts do 99.9% of the time. I had the same problem would be driving on the highway then thunk the car jump started revving not moving cracked speed sensor in TCU. It was very nerve racking at first but only takes about 4 hours to do taking your time.
TheActor is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 12:51 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
insame1's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 92 190e 2.6 Sportline, 2005 clk55
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheActor View Post
OP is right these transmission don't go bad but the plastic parts do 99.9% of the time. I had the same problem would be driving on the highway then thunk the car jump started revving not moving cracked speed sensor in TCU. It was very nerve racking at first but only takes about 4 hours to do taking your time.
Just FYI OP is original poster. that is who you quoted.

Never say Die.......
insame1 is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 12:54 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2015
Vehicle: 2001 CLK320 2002 S500
Location: Florida
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by insame1 View Post
Just FYI OP is original poster. that is who you quoted.
i quoted him but was referring to you that's why i put OP in it.
TheActor is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 06:27 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
insame1's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 92 190e 2.6 Sportline, 2005 clk55
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheActor View Post
i quoted him but was referring to you that's why i put OP in it.
Still dont quite understand
Quote:
OP is right these transmission don't go bad but the plastic parts do 99.9% of the time.
this reads that the original poster was correct.

Now if you wrote. "OP, insame1 is right" this would make senses.

Never say Die.......
insame1 is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 03:39 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2015
Vehicle: 2001 CLK320 2002 S500
Location: Florida
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
If i quoted him why would i need to even say OP?
TheActor is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Moderately subtle
 
edfreeman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Location: Soddy Daisy, TN
Posts: 11,782
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Back on topic, guys. Thanks.
TheActor likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
edfreeman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W203 C32 AMG, C55 AMG

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome