LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2017
Vehicle: 2005 c55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking Driver side door lock: strange problem!

I recently bought a 2005 C55 AMG. The vehicle is immaculate, with one exception: the driver side door lock won't work. Well, actually it does work, but only manually, when the car is off and the door is closed. In other words, I can lock myself in the car, but cannot lock the door when outside the car. When the door is opened it will not lock. The internal lock/unlock button works for all OTHER doors, EXCEPT the driver side door. Also, the key fob "lock" button doesn't work at all, yet the locking and trunk buttons work on the key fob. What I have found myself doing to secure the vehicle in my absence is sitting in the passenger seat, reaching over to manually lock the driver side door, then manually locking all the other doors. This is insane, and I cannot keep doing it. I read a post on here that mentioned some rod that tends to fall off (into the door) that is responsible for the locking mechanism (through the actuator), and that it is common for the driver side door to do this. But before I go opening the door panel and rooting around for this rod, I was hoping to get some feedback from the forum. Has anyone else experienced this before? Do you think its the rod, or possibly a sensor malfunction of some kind? I have always heard that MB is notorious for electrical issues. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. I love this car, and have always been fond of MB. Tis a shame that I am met with this issue from the start, but want to remedy is ASAP. Thanks for your help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 03:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 CLK500 w/30K
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
1. Have you tried using the metal key?

2. "Also, the key fob "lock" button doesn't work at all, yet the locking and trunk buttons work on the key fob."

Do you mean the Unlock function works but lock doesn't on key fob?

3. Have you tried leaving window down, locking door then using lock button aimed at IR to put windows up?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
1- I am using the key now, but still want to get it fixed.

2- yes, that's exactly what I meant. I can unlock the car, and pop the trunk with the remote, but the lock button is non-responsive.

3- No, I was unaware of this feature. I will look into that further!

I think it's safe to assume there's some connection between the driver side door lock malfunction and the key fob malfunuction. The crux seems to be when the door is open . This is why I asked if it might be some kind of sensor 😧
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 CLK500 w/30K
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
A 2nd key would really help diagnose this.

Does the red light flash on key when you push the "lock" button?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
I do have a second key! The lock button doesn't work on that one either, although both the "unlock" and "trunk" buttons works on it, just like the primary key fob. The light on the fob DOES blink when you unlock the doors or open the trunk but does NOT blink when you press the [inoperable] "unlock" button. I hope this info helped your thought process. Any further advice/thoughts/suggestions would e greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W203 C32 AMG, C55 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in