2002 C32 AMG Long Crank Start Issue (Fuel Related) Resolved - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2011
Vehicle: 2002 Mercedes C32 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2002 C32 AMG Long Crank Start Issue (Fuel Related) Resolved

2002 C32 AMG Long Crank Start Issue (Fuel related) Resolved

Whatís going on allÖ. This will be my first post on my favorite MB Forum- I have been utilizing the professional advice from these awesome members for years now- and Iíve always wanted to post my job completions on here- but I always forget to either take pictures or just flat out forget to write things down and post it- but here I am and I am going to be posting all my work from here on out.
So I have a 2002 C32 AMG, came with a long crank start and was really bothering me- Iíve read several different posts about the possibilities of what it could be- and Iíve tried them all with no avail.
Replaced the Crank Position Sensor- didnít work
Replaced Fuel filter with regulator included- didnít work
I knew it was something fuel related- so my next item was the fuel pump. I was looking at replacing the OEM Bosch with a Walbro 255LPH (GSS341), but I ended up going with the Kemso 340LPH. I have to tell you!! This fuel pump is top notch so far and it corrected my issue and I believe I feel a little more uumph in the response when I hit the gas!
I havenít really found too much on the performance or reviews on the kemso, especially relating to our C32ís- but I took a shot and I am fully satisfied. It also comes with a Lifetime Warranty from Japan- which is a plus, and it was 1/3 the price of the Walbro.
As stated, I did not take any pictures of the install or job- but itís pretty straight forward:
Also, side note- you ARE able to just replace the fuel pump on the C32 instead of buying whole fuel tank!
1. In the rear passenger side under the seats (right side), open up circular lid on the fuel tank- should be about 6-8 bolts (canít remember exact size- maybe a 8mm)
2. The fuel pump is inside the white plastic canister- you have to unscrew the top lid of it
3. Once lid is off- there is another white cover/lid that is pressed on top of fuel pump with a spring on one side- just take that lid off
4. You can now see the pump, on one side there is the level indicator which is attached to the white canister, it slides on there by a groove, so be careful with that- you can slide it up and off just be careful and donít break it
5. Unplug the fuel pump, unscrew the black outlet fuel line on top of pump, pump should just pull straight out- be careful and remember there is enough slack to pull pump straight up- it feels like there isnít but if you pull slowly up, it will come out
6. Replace old pump with new pump and reassembly is reverse.
The fuel pumps have their own ďcheck valveĒ inside and this is what was defective in OEM pump- and this is what was causing the long crank start- overall easy job and much needed replacement for all C32ís. My baby now fires right up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kemso Fuel Pump.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1983161  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W203 C32 AMG, C55 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in