Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Anyone have a c32 SAM unit?

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  MChilders916 
#1 ·
I have been struggling with my c32 to the point that it is going to be up for sale soon. Anyway I have to get it fixed before it is worth anything.

My battery still is not charging. I have put in new cheep alternator, taken out and replaced with rebuilt Bosh, new MB battery, and replaced the plug at the alternator.

I got the plug from a wrecker and the guy happen to own a c32 also. When I told him my symptoms he asked if I had aftermarket xenon headlights. When I told him that i did he said I probably fried my SAM unit. He said he had a similar problem and tried everything else but the SAM final fixed it.

So I am looking for a SAM unit or any advice on what else it could be. I would hate to sell this car for parts but I just may have to. I'm already 15k into a 6.5k car at best so.....

#3 ·
When the HID lights were installed did you have the star diagnosis system connected to variant code the car for the HID conversion? It takes extreme volts to charge the salts in hid lights, you have to tell the electronic system they now have these lights.

#4 ·
When the HID lights were installed did you have the star diagnosis system connected to variant code the car for the HID conversion? It takes extreme volts to charge the salts in hid lights, you have to tell the electronic system they now have these lights.
PO installed the lights. Every thing seemed to be fine. no flickering or anything. I can have My indy check when I have him code the new sam unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.