LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RCA Jacks for C55

Does anyone know if the 2005 C55 has RCA jacks on the back of the radio. I am wondering if there is a way to connect a line for a 3.5 mini jack to connect it to an MP3 player. One of the options in the audio menu on the system is for Aux and I am wondering if this means there is some sort of line in for something like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 10:44 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 05 C55, no nav, silver/black, Mahdi 19" wheels, tint
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtutusa View Post
Does anyone know if the 2005 C55 has RCA jacks on the back of the radio. I am wondering if there is a way to connect a line for a 3.5 mini jack to connect it to an MP3 player. One of the options in the audio menu on the system is for Aux and I am wondering if this means there is some sort of line in for something like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is a audio cable you can purchase from your dealer. Someone here posted the step-by-step instructions last year for installing it. I did mine. It isn't hard, but the instructions are a must, since you need to access the wiring along the bottom of the passenger-side kick panel to find the connector that is there for you to plug in the connector on the audio cable. You then route the new cable up to the glove box, where there is a knock-out for installing the mini-jack fitting. The Aux input is then accessed by holding down the CDC button for a couple of seconds. I'll see if I can find the post and part number.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 05 C55, no nav, silver/black, Mahdi 19" wheels, tint
I found the post from last year. https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203...ml#post2109657

If you have any trouble, go to my profile and look at my previous posts. There is one dated 7/13/2007 about audio inputs, and in that thread there is one by "Avantgard ICE" dated 1/18/2007 that has all the info you need.

By the way, if you have Nav, this jack may already be installed in your glove box. It will be on the top of the right-hand side of the opened glove box, near the front. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2008
(Thread Starter)
Thank you for your awesome response. I do have Nav and I have asked the dealer a couple times what my options were for this and why the AUX button was appearing on my system. Lo and behold the jack is already installed in the glove box right where you said it would be. Thanks again for your response. I am ecstatic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W203 C32 AMG, C55 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in