||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Originally Posted by Joshua Preciado View Post
Sorry to hear that. At this point it comes back to the basics of troubleshooting step by step. Obviously, always use appropriate care when working with the fuel system.
1. What is the voltage at the car battery?
2. What is the voltage at the fuel pump fuse?
3. Is the fuse good? (Ohm resistance test). Can you replace it with a new one to be sure?
4. Is the fuel pump relay good? Can you replace it with a new one to be sure?
5. What is the voltage at the wire harness that connects to the fuel pump when the key is turned to the run position?
1. How much fuel is in the tank?
2. What is the PSI on the fuel rail? (is it 0, or something greater than 0 but less than 60?)
3. Do both sides of the tank have equal fuel level?
4. Does the fuel pump make noise when the car ignition is put into the run position?
5. Does the fuel pump pump fuel with the sending unit disconnected? (you can connect a piece of tubing on the output of the pump and into a gas can for safety)
6. Is the sending unit in the driver's side of the tank clogged/broken? (If yes, the car won't run below 1/2 tank of fuel on the fuel gauge)
7. Is the fuel filter clogged? (The pressure regulator is part of the filter and could be faulty)
8. Are the fuel lines from the pump to the fuel rail clogged?
9. Is the fuel rail faulty? (You can check the fuel line that connects to the rail to see if fuel comes out when the key is in the run position)
10. Are any of the fuel injectors faulty? Theoretically a bad fuel injector that is dumping fuel wide open into a cylinder could cause a low pressure condition on the fuel rail schrader valve - a reading of 0 PSI is unlikely in this case.
Depending on the answers to the above, we can help narrow it down for you.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Primer on diesel injection- How it works, general troubleshooting, and maintenance||Rossafuss||W211 E-Class||11||11-15-2017 08:11 AM|
|Shots fired||Smackrattle||Off-Topic||118||03-25-2017 09:51 PM|
|Fuel System Service||BenzHacker||R/C107 SL/SLC Class||14||01-17-2016 07:24 AM|
|W140 Fix it Yourself Articles||Merc600sec||W140 S-Class||265||11-04-2015 11:17 PM|
|Taxpayers are spending over $1 billion to send refined fuel to the Israeli military||C_R||Off-Topic||38||09-13-2012 05:54 AM|