Dashboard display not showing gears - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 05:59 PM

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2010 ML350 FORMER: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240, 2001 ML320, 1984 300TD
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1710 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Are you sure it's allen head bolts? Most everything on the car is actually Torx.

--

- RODNEY

So you want to send me a private message? Please read this first:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Stable:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2016
Vehicle: 2003 C220 CDI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Cass
(Thread Starter)
All Solved

Rudeney YOU are a genius. It was a torx 5 and i couldnt do anything to the electronics (Probably a chip gone wrong).
I bit the bullet and got another gearshift unit and BINGO !. Your oridginal diagnosis was correct the car is now working A.O.K.
Many thanks and lots of gratitude for your time and advice.
Regards Cass
"When you are dead you dont know that you are dead, but if affects other people. Stupidity is the same"
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 08:19 AM

Vehicle: CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2010 ML350 FORMER: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240, 2001 ML320, 1984 300TD
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Glad to hear you got it working!

--

- RODNEY

My Stable:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 07:52 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2017
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need help, I purchased a 2000 w220 s430 with the air-matic failed, I put aftermarket strut kit on it, car ride and drive good, out of the blue it started a no Shift then wouldn't go in park unless i move my foot off the brake, PS is still in the cluster, but turn off car and restart no PS gear, car is also draining battery down and struggling to charge some times I replaced AGM battery, alternator, conductor plate and plug, starter and battery junction pre-fuse box and no change, PS will show if voltage is up, and also tag and 3rd brake light not working could it be a SAM if so which one, some one or two or three please help, open to any subjections
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:51 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2019
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have similar fault on SL55.
The dash display initially shows P but shortly after shows R thereby inhibiting startup.

My LAUNCH diagnostics straight away points to the ESM
The only fault showing is P1925 which means Drive Authorisation has been refused by N15/5 ESM gear select module.

We've ordered a used one.

Can you guys tell me if it needs coding into my car or will I have to swap the eeprom over (8 pin chip next to the microcontroller)

What a pain getting to the ESM PCB in the gear lever.
Typical German engineering where all the parts are interlocked with eachother necessitating complete dismantling just to get at one part !!!!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:55 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2019
Vehicle: CLK 320 CDI w209
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Same Thing with my clk W209, gear selector was changed but same symptoms with p1221 error...
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:32 AM

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules75ZT View Post
I have similar fault on SL55.
The dash display initially shows P but shortly after shows R thereby inhibiting startup.

My LAUNCH diagnostics straight away points to the ESM
The only fault showing is P1925 which means Drive Authorisation has been refused by N15/5 ESM gear select module.

We've ordered a used one.

Can you guys tell me if it needs coding into my car or will I have to swap the eeprom over (8 pin chip next to the microcontroller)

What a pain getting to the ESM PCB in the gear lever.
Typical German engineering where all the parts are interlocked with eachother necessitating complete dismantling just to get at one part !!!!
Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your car model and year, and your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

One thing to check is the linkage under the car between the shifter and transmission. It could be slightly out of adjustment. Another thing - you should post in the R230 forum as that will be more relevant information for your car.

--

- RODNEY

My Stable:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in