Hi again everyone. Today I was driving a friend to town, and washed my car. She decided to stay in the car, and when I got back in guess what? Apparently she thought it would be fun to "mess around with" my cup holder, and yes, she broke part of it.
I had orginally wanted to remove the cup holder anyways, because I need to remove loose change stuck in the holding area of the cup holder so it will actually close. Searched the forum for a "how to" on this, but only found a few vague posts.
pull the soft bottom pad out, twist it with some force and comes right out.
open the cup-holder, pull out the plastic bottom piece, turn the holder towards the passenger and pull.)
This seems simple enough, but I tried it without any luck. Feels as if I'm just going to break it pulling any harder. As I said, the posts are also to vague. So, the steps would simply be...
1. Open cup holder. (Simple enough...)
2. Pull out the rubber bottom piece. (Easy to do...)
3. Turn the cup holder towards the passenger. (Turn it left or right towards passenger seat, and how much force to apply?)
4. Pull on it. (Which direction, and how much force to apply?)
I will include a photograph to orientate the direction at which to write out the instructions.
1. No information available that I can find. (How to reinstall?)
So what's broken? The piece that applies pressure to smaller cups. Spring loaded. I believe it may be missing a small metalic "connection" the joins the top part to the piece to the top bottom side of the cup holder. I would assume that I cannot ever find this small piece, and will just have to buy a new cup holder?
1. No information available that I can find. (How to repair, if possible?)
Attached is the photograph that also shows the broken piece. I appriciate any help. Attachments was not working for some reason, so I have uploaded it to another image hosting provider.