LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tablet install in C Class 230k

I'm new here and don't have my C Class yet but I am doing research about them. I think I've decided to get either a 1999 C230K or 2000 C230K. Has anyone ever installed a tablet in these cars? I'm not aware of how the telephone thing interferes or not with radio installation. Any information would be great! Thanks in advance!
D. Ray Brown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2000 W202 Mercedes-Benz C250 Turbodiesel
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I installed a Joying 8" unit in my car almost two years ago. It has the odd Android niggle once in a while, but for the most part it works great (Waze, Spotify, tyre pressure monitoring and Youtube [when waiting in the car for someone]). Newer units have a 4G sim-card slot. Mine doesn't, but I use a USB 4G wifi dongle plugged into one of the four USB ports I installed. The main unit fits inside the standard single DIN slot. The display plugs into the main unit quite firmly and stands about a 1/2" proud.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F R A N S
2000 Mercedes-Benz C250 Turbodiesel

Last edited by frans-c; 05-14-2019 at 10:29 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:09 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2017
Vehicle: 1994 , C220
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frans-c View Post
I installed a Joying 8" unit in my car almost two years ago. It has the odd Android niggle once in a while, but for the most part it works great (Waze, Spotify, tyre pressure monitoring and Youtube [when waiting in the car for someone]). Newer units have a 4G sim-card slot. Mine doesn't, but I use a USB 4G wifi dongle plugged into one of the four USB ports I installed. The main unit fits inside the standard single DIN slot. The display plugs into the main unit quite firmly and stands about a 1/2" proud.

I was planning to install a joying 10.1 inch but the screen is rubbish 1200*800 so its not full HD but anyway do you recommend this joying head unit you installed and how is the sound.maps.options ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:43 AM

Date registered: Dec 2002
Vehicle: SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Send a message via AIM to cyberdrakon Send a message via MSN to cyberdrakon
How's the audio quality, and how complex was wiring it?

eddie aka drakon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SLK 55 AMG widebody (2006), C36 AMG (1995).
Previously: 560 SEC RennTech/AMG (1990), 420 SEL (1987), 420 SEL (1989).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 09:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi197 View Post
I was planning to install a joying 10.1 inch but the screen is rubbish 1200*800 so its not full HD but anyway do you recommend this joying head unit you installed and how is the sound.maps.options ??
The 10 inch unit will by way overkill in my opinion. Google Maps for some reason doesn't work correctly, but Waze does and is fully integrated with Spotify. Some apps have an obvious Chinese "feel" to them (e.g. the Chrome app has an Internet Explorer logo ), but for the most part and for its price, I can't really fault it otherwise (okay, one gripe I have with it is that it sometimes struggles to connect to my wifi dongle, especially if there are many other wifi networks around).

F R A N S
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 09:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdrakon View Post
How's the audio quality, and how complex was wiring it?
Sound quality is excellent. I have it hooked up with an Alpine KTP-445U four-channel amp (very small, located behind the head unit within the dash) running through an Alpine 6.5" component speaker pair in front and Alpine 6x9s in the rear parcel shelf. I also run a "normalising" app in the background, where you set all audible frequencies at the same level - makes quite a nice difference, and you don't have to struggle with the basic bass/mid/treble functions. My unit isn't fitted with the more advanced DSP on-board amplifier.

It probably won't win any audiophile competitions, but for the price it delivers excellent sound quantity. Eyes closed, I reckon many people won't guess it's a Chinese unit.

F R A N S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W202 C-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in