I am planning to do this DIY at my house. So wanted to run by the following if someone has done it on a 99 C280 also -
1) Following the WIS instructions for 99 C280 (Model202.029) V6-2.8L (Engine 112.920) - good?
2) Don't have an engine lift so will use a jack and 2x4 wood to raise/lower engine - is it okay to put the wood under the oil pan or is there a better location from under something else?
3) Is it absolutely necessary to A) unbolt the steering damper at the drag link and then B) detach the drag link from the Pitman and the Idler arms?
4) Are the top bolts of both the mounts unscrewed and screwed back on all from the bottom of the car? what is the tool that will work best for this part - 'cause this seems to be the most challenging part of the DIY.
5) Will the old mounts come out and the new mounts go in, both from the bottom?
6) Right after, I will also be replacing the rear mount but that looks much easier than the two engine mounts.
Thanks much in advance for any tips/advice/heads up from someone who has done it on the same car - will definitely boost my first time confidence