BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: 1985 190E 2.3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it's a 2 hour job I just did it. You don't need to remove the radiator at all, very acc...
it's a 2 hour job I just did it. You don't need to remove the radiator at all, very accessible.
Hmmm let me see if I remember
1. Drain Coolant
2. take of main fan, 10mm wrench, comes off real easy
3. take off belt, self explanatory
4. take off the 4 torx screws, be careful, they are tricky
5. take off the electromagnet for the fan, it's easier this way because it blocks some of the screws holding the pump
6. take off all the screws holding the pump, I think there is only 2 different kinds if memory serves right
7. Unplug all the electronic sensors, this can be done at any stage really, I just forgot to plug it in earlier [8D]
8. Pull off the hoses, careful coolant flowing out of them, don't flood your alternator
9. pull off the pump, take out the temp sensor and plug it into the new pump
10. Clean off the old gasket, and prep the new one with silicone on the new pump
11. make sure everything is superb, it's your car right?
12. put on the new pump and put the car back together
13. refill with coolant, leave the fill cap off, remember to replace the drain plug back.
14. Start the car, put vent fan on lowest setting, turn heat to max and wait for fan to come on
15. Add collant as the system is purged of air
16. you're done :)
Hope I didn't miss anything