LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Owner... Some Issues

Hey folks! I have a new to me 2012 ML350 Bluetec, and I have made an appt with the dealer to have the following looked at. Any insight in advance for my inquiring mind?

- Parking Sensors - Only Beep and have red light then turn off (no dash errors)
- Rearview Camera - super grainy, can't see anything
- Sunroof button - not there
- Sport/Comfort Mode - stuck in sport mode (no dash errors)
- Passenger power headrest - clicking relay sound when press button, headrest does not move
- Check Rear taillight warning on dash
- Blind Spot Inoperative - have had this message twice but then works fine need after a restart
- Fuel Mileage reading - after 950km car said 7.5L/100km but actual usage was 9.3
- Reset A Maintenance Reminder - Will dealer reset this? Service was done at a Honda store where I bought it last week
- Best way to update NAV without paying $300+?

Thanks very much for any insight in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 03:15 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2000 ML55 sold😢 2013 ML500,😁 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 791 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by manninp View Post
Hey folks! I have a new to me 2012 ML350 Bluetec, and I have made an appt with the dealer to have the following looked at. Any insight in advance for my inquiring mind?

- Parking Sensors - Only Beep and have red light then turn off (no dash errors)
- Rearview Camera - super grainy, can't see anything
- Sunroof button - not there
- Sport/Comfort Mode - stuck in sport mode (no dash errors)
- Passenger power headrest - clicking relay sound when press button, headrest does not move
- Check Rear taillight warning on dash
- Blind Spot Inoperative - have had this message twice but then works fine need after a restart
- Fuel Mileage reading - after 950km car said 7.5L/100km but actual usage was 9.3
- Reset A Maintenance Reminder - Will dealer reset this? Service was done at a Honda store where I bought it last week
- Best way to update NAV without paying $300+?

Thanks very much for any insight in advance!

Mine only beep for a short time then turn off. Itís better than them constantly going off.

Have you cleaned the lens of the camera or check it hasnít been all scratched. It may need polishing.

Sunroof button! Is it gone or your not sure where it is?

Quite possibly some fluid has been spilled into the button and buggered it. Might need replacing or pulling apart and cleaning with electrical contact cleaner.

Give the headrest a bit of a push while operating it up or down. See if that helps.

Replace the bulbs, the bottom contact can become a bit dodgy and cause faults. Change them both to new ones.

Not sure about your blind spot inoperative.

Average mileage could be different depending on when it was last reset. Did you check it from last start menu or the from last reset menu.

Jump on YouTube and youíll see a couple of good videos on the procedure to reset the service message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattml430 View Post

Mine only beep for a short time then turn off. It’s better than them constantly going off.

Have you cleaned the lens of the camera or check it hasn’t been all scratched. It may need polishing.

Sunroof button! Is it gone or your not sure where it is?

Quite possibly some fluid has been spilled into the button and buggered it. Might need replacing or pulling apart and cleaning with electrical contact cleaner.

Give the headrest a bit of a push while operating it up or down. See if that helps.

Replace the bulbs, the bottom contact can become a bit dodgy and cause faults. Change them both to new ones.

Not sure about your blind spot inoperative.

Average mileage could be different depending on when it was last reset. Did you check it from last start menu or the from last reset menu.

Jump on YouTube and you’ll see a couple of good videos on the procedure to reset the service message.

Parking sensors aren't working. I mean the red light comes on and beeps for no reason then shuts off but they aren't actually operational

I've cleaned the lense but it's possibly quite scratch. How does one go about polishing that little lense?

Plastic square sunroof button is missing

I checked mileage from last reset, and I am the one that reset when I had last filled up

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2000 ML55 sold😢 2013 ML500,😁 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 791 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
If you get a pro level scanner and go into park assist live data it will tell you which sensor is not working. Had a similar problem in a C Class. Was a bad sensor.
Sounds like itís had a bit of a rough start in life.
Use some good quality cream polish and soft cloth to polish the camera lens.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattml430 View Post
If you get a pro level scanner and go into park assist live data it will tell you which sensor is not working. Had a similar problem in a C Class. Was a bad sensor.
Sounds like it’s had a bit of a rough start in life.
Use some good quality cream polish and soft cloth to polish the camera lens.

Taking it to the dealer on Tuesday so will find out what all these issues are all about then. I'll see if I can attempt a bit of polishing on the lense. It does look pretty scratched up
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:50 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Sep 2014
Vehicle: 2015 ML250 BluTec, 2002 ML 500 Sport Edition (Sold :(), 2012 C250
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by manninp View Post
Taking it to the dealer on Tuesday so will find out what all these issues are all about then. I'll see if I can attempt a bit of polishing on the lense. It does look pretty scratched up
Sounds like it was beat to death. Don't know how one loses their sunroof button. As Matt, said, you need to get a pro scanner to point you in the right direction, otherwise, look forward to a $2000+ plus bill from the dealer for these issues if you choose for them to fix them. Maybe don't buy a Mercedes from a Honda dealer in the future

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Update on my issues:

- Parking sensors were not connected (front bumper was repaired, some idiot didn't reconnect the wires). Now working, $70
- Passenger power headrest - fixed with software update, $140
- Rearview Camera - needs to be replaced due to cracked lense, $850
- Sunroof button ($40 eBay)
- Sport/Comfort Mode - right rear shock/dampening valve unit malfunction, $1000
- Right Tail Lamp warning - outer lamp needs to be replaced, quote to come
- Blind Spot Assist Inoperative - replace right mirror glass, corroded wires, quote to come
- Washer Fluid Leaking - need to replace hose, quote to come
- MVI (Motor Vehicle Inspection) - failed due to tie rod end. Also had to have front tint removed and needs a brake backing plate. Quote to come

Selling dealer not going to be happy when I tell them over $3000 due to their neglect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W166 M-Class / GLE-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in