Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W164 OBD2 Code P0300 P0301 P0302 P0303 P0306

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Planethill 
#1 ·
Hi,
Currently I have below code and I was wondering what will be the base way to fix this issue without guessing and keep replacing until it fixes the problem:
P0300
P0301
P0302
P0303
P0306

Before above code, I had code P0305 and I replaced new Spark Plug and it fixed problem but now I got above codes. I have replaced all 6 original MB Spark Plug on Jan 2 2019, not too long ago. Could that be bad spark plug ? I bought them from eBay.

I am thinking of doing below but it seems lengthy process which I am trying to avoid if possible.
1) Replace spark plug on Cylinder 1, 2, 3, and 6 and drive the car and see which one got fixed.
2) Replaced Coil for Cylinder for above cylinder where code is still not fixed.

Is there anyway I can check whether fix worked or not without driving ?. Because I want to avoid keep opening and closing Engine cover. I do have Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter and i use TORQUE phone app to read and clear codes.

Any other idea ?

Thanks in Advance.

See less See more
#3 ·
I do not have exact link but i bought similar like below Item number YR7MPP33 with Mercedes Logon on Spark Plug. No My car is not CDI or BlueTek, it is 2008 MB ML350 4Matic - W164.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PCS-Bosc...217&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I am planning to buy NGK PLKR7A since it has lots of good review. I saw lots of negative review with higher failure rate on Bosch YR7MPP33 on amazon.

Thanks

#8 ·
>What’s the different in CDI and BlueTek?
BlueTec uses a fluid called AdBlue, a diesel particulate filter (DPF) & selective catalyst reduction (SCR) that all help reduce emissions. The Bluetech and CDI both have the same engine, just different emission's "stuff" bolted on.

>And how do you know which is which?
You look for the AdBlue bottle. Since we can't look in your engine bay to see if you have one, the only "remote" way to know is by VIN.

#10 ·
MAMIN123 - Your profile indicates "'08 ML350 W164 Gas" so you 1) will have spark plugs, and 2) won't be a diesel (CDI or BlueTec).
MAMIN123 didn't ask that question, it was Wee6Tracker. He/She jumped into the thread with that query.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.