Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Radio didn't work this morning

712 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  autoarcheologist 
#1 ·
Has anybody else seen this problem?

This morning the radio wouldn't produce any sound. Nothing from the radio, memory card or the media interface in the glove box.

I pulled over and restarted the car which didn't do anything.

But after I dropped my daughter at school I stopped the car and hopped out for a few minutes and it started working again when I got back in.

Did I hit a weird mute setting?

Is my amplifier going out?

Anybody else seen this issue?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
This is actually a common problem. Other forums have instances of this across all models. My GL did this the other day. I looked at one of the threads on MB World which stayed to verify if your mute button was pressed accidentally. I verified mute was off. The problem went away after the car set for a few hours. Some other posts say this is the start of the satellite radio module or some other piece within the system starting to go bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
The radio issue hasn't come back recently. But we have noticed a new issue lately.

When you turn off the car normally the radio stays on a few seconds until you open a door. Now when we open a door the radio stays on a few seconds longer then finally shuts off.

My wife says that once it never shut off. She ran into a store, came back out and it was still on.

Thanks,
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.