Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   W164 M-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164-m-class/)
-   -   W164 ML63 Air suspension question (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w164-m-class/3023436-w164-ml63-air-suspension-question.html)

mixja23 04-16-2019 05:02 AM

W164 ML63 Air suspension question

4 Attachment(s)
So, bit of a weird one... Every now and then, say 3-4 days, I'll leave the car parked up for around 1-2 hours, when I go back to it, one, sometimes both, the front springs have dropped to the floor... Soon as I open the door tho, car pumps itself up to correct height, this without starting the engine... Initially it was just the passenger side which lead me to believe it may be the air spring but more often than not now, it drops on both sides which would suggest not the springs... I cant hear any leaking from either side either before I open the door or after when it pumps itself back up, there's no errors showing up on Carly or the dashboard either and when car is driving, it's as it should be...
Anyone had this before please...?? If so, what was the cause...??
Thanking you kindly...

43sqd 04-16-2019 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Your problem can only be diagnosed by a scanner that can read codes in all modules.

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-MD802-M...1?ie=UTF8&qid=

Look at all the possibilities.

mixja23 04-16-2019 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I actually have the Autel MD808....
I've only plugged it in once tbh, only to see if showed up anything different to Carly which it didn't, the codes Carly showed up were the same (I purposely didn't clear any from the Carly scan)... I dunno if I've missed something and I only used it for one scan one time but it doesn't seem to scan everything...??? Engine, transmission, ESP module and something else I cant remember...!! But only 4 things...
I plugged it into the Mac downloaded all the updates etc before I used it as well...

Remember being surprised as I was expecting it to cover everything....

Have I missed something with it...???

mixja23 04-16-2019 06:09 AM

Just seems weird that nothing is showing on the dash, assuming there's a fault... :|
I have a Range Rover Sport Supercharged as well, which had a leaky spring and a shot compressor, comes up on dash with suspension fault...
I had an Audi S8 as well which also had leaky springs and that would also come up on the dash...

43sqd 04-16-2019 09:31 AM

You will only see the CEL if it is something important, eng. trans., ESP, etc.

mixja23 04-17-2019 12:23 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 43sqd (Post 17758220)
You will only see the CEL if it is something important, eng. trans., ESP, etc.

Well, plugged in the Autel this morning, scanned everything I could but no mention of anything related to suspension.... :frown
Only 2 faults with motor and 2 with ESP... Other than that, clean as a whistle...

What could it be then...???!!!

43sqd 04-17-2019 01:09 AM

Is your scanner able to read codes in Airmatic cont. module?

mixja23 04-17-2019 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 43sqd (Post 17758888)
Is your scanner able to read codes in Airmatic cont. module?

If it does, I don't know how to do it...!!
Was pissing about with it for ages this morning trying out literally everything....
The only modules that show up for scanning seem to be Transmission, Motor, ESP and Airbag...
On another page I can get to the steering angle sensor and battery manager plus the OBD port...

43sqd 04-17-2019 03:11 AM

I don't know anything about your scanner, but look to see if there is a Chassis section which includes Airmatic, ESP, Tire Pressure Monitor and Elec. Power Steering.

mixja23 04-17-2019 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 43sqd (Post 17758942)
I don't know anything about your scanner, but look to see if there is a Chassis section which includes Airmatic, ESP, Tire Pressure Monitor and Elec. Power Steering.

There is definitely no chassis section.... :crying