Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How to Escalate The Devaluation of an ML55

3K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  WE47B1ME 
#1 ·
#2 ·
clean title signed with last bill of sale

thinking he/she bought this and never signed the title to keep from being liable for repairs, taxes, etc for registering a vehicle. a little cheeky.

#5 · (Edited)
Wallyo I don't see any Brabus look in the link. Are you sure such thing exists as Brabus package? Brabus gets your car & modifies it. Why would mercedes have a Brabus package? We have a number of ML Brabus' in Zimbabwe. They come with Brabus wheels and bumpers are different. This car looks like a normal ML 55 with modified grill.
Just to add.....You wont see the mercedes star on a brabus. You wont see AMG on a Brabus.
I was googling just now for Mercedes Brabus package.........I couldn't find a single item about it.

#6 ·
I did not say it has a Brabus package I only pointed out that there were Mls that seemed to of had grayish black wheels ( as in the link I provided, which claims to be a ml55 with a Brabus package)

Also I still do not understand what the OP was trying to point out. In the States when I Google ml55 and select images, several photos show up with mls with the grayish black wheels. Some claim to be a Brabus package.

So I am not saying it has Brabus just don’t see what’s amiss is all.

#8 ·
zoom in & you will see those are not original 55 wheels.
OP is pointing out that people are spoiling the 55 wheels by painting them black.
Brabus package is a way to fool people to think it is a Brabus. There is no Brabus package.

#9 ·

Attachments

#12 ·
The listing is for a car that is 19 years old with 240,000 miles on it, Kelly Blue book gives the car a value of $2,752 US dollars. It has lived a good life, leave the poor Ml alone.

Kelly blue book gives three wheel options for a 2000 ml55:

alloy wheels
Premium wheels
and oversized 20" wheels
Have no idea what the 20" are the photo shows it has 18"

I would trade the owner, my chrome after market wheels on our 350 for his black wheels, talk about a travesty.

If it is still around I will get you a photo tomorrow of a messed up 320.

#15 ·
This one hasn't even broken a sweat yet.

I wonder if the tires are still the oem (285 50 18s)?
probably not...

#18 ·
#26 ·
The reverse color scheme would have been better...
Anti-collision deterrent

Attachments

Reactions: wallyo and Noodles
#28 ·
Do not get what your are pointing out in the photo. I am pretty sure 2000 Ml's with the Brabus package did come with smokey grey black wheels.

Purchase new 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG Brabus Pkg 375HP in Houston, Texas, United States, for US $4,450.00
And the Brabus car, was an absolutely fine tuned monster. With a functional steering wheel and dash cluster

#29 ·
And the Brabus car, was an absolutely fine tuned monster. With a functional steering wheel and dash cluster
Nrphily can you expand on your thoughts? I have no idea if such car ever existed, I was just using it to point out other Ml55's with black wheels.
Another poster had doubts if there was ever a Brabus package. (maybe...aftermarket)? All I know is the seller has it listed as such.

#34 ·
nrphlly are you confusing Brabus with Brabus package? ML's have AMG package. Example : ML270 can have 55 bonnet, wheels & bumpers. Mercedes doesn't have Brabus package.

Brabus buy's the car from mercedes & modifies it according to your "pocket". That is not a package. That is Brabus. They even remove any sign's of mercedes like the star and replace it with a Brabus badge.

#39 ·
nrphily,

Brabus also sold body kits. They were readily available back then.

Do a search and you'll find posts of other members who had these kits installed.
The photos only show what they display. No verification they were a "Brabus package". Any other info?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.