Resurrecting old topic...key fob only works once after syncing procedure - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2018
Vehicle: 01 ML55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Finally got all my door actuators working properly but still have an old problem. After programming the fob, it (the fob) works only one time. Whatever choice you make following the sync is the only response you get; after that it does nothing (lock/unlock wise)

Example: key to pos 2, removed and while holding lock I press unlock 5 times. At this point I let go of everything and to test it I press the unlock button again and voila, the doors unlock. After that it refuses to work. Only way to make it work is to resync again but still only does the one command. It’s one and done following the sync.

I’ve seen old threads on people having this issue but no real resolutions. Figured I would wait until my door lock actuators were all working to try again and I’m there now so any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 08:54 PM
DrX
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 655 Post(s)
In all previous instances of this problem, the solution was to replace the AAM. You can use a working used one, with a matching or compatible part number, then it needs to be plugged into Star Diagnosis to program your existing key fobs into it.

(This solution applies to MY2000 MLs and later, which have immobilizer functions in the EAM.)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2018
Vehicle: 01 ML55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
In all previous instances of this problem, the solution was to replace the AAM. You can use a working used one, with a matching or compatible part number, then it needs to be plugged into Star Diagnosis to program your existing key fobs into it.

(This solution applies to MY2000 MLs and later, which have immobilizer functions in the EAM.)
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in