Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

[2003 ML500] Antenna, Drivers seat side plastic, 3rd window screw

587 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  khomer2 
#1 ·
A post helped me out awhile back regarding the auxiliary water pump and providing alternatives at a fraction of the cost. I need advice on alternatives or model numbers of parts so I can get them replaced. any help would be great.

Antenna on the top of the vehicle became brittle and broke off. I believe I found the model number "1638201575". Are there any alternatives?

Drivers seat side plastic the control panel on the side of the drivers seat. the plastic is cracked and wont stay on, controls work fine. I cannot find a model number. would consider replacing the whole seat as the leather has ripped but that depends on costs.

3rd window screw became brittle and broke off (drivers side). The 3rd window, I think is what it is called, the far back window. the window opens fine but arm is not bolted to the glass. all these bolt caps feels brittle on both sides. I'm am told I need a whole unit as they dont sell just the bolt caps. any advice here would be great

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
A post helped me out awhile back regarding the auxiliary water pump and providing alternatives at a fraction of the cost. I need advice on alternatives or model numbers of parts so I can get them replaced. any help would be great.

Antenna on the top of the vehicle became brittle and broke off. I believe I found the model number "1638201575". Are there any alternatives?

Drivers seat side plastic the control panel on the side of the drivers seat. the plastic is cracked and wont stay on, controls work fine. I cannot find a model number. would consider replacing the whole seat as the leather has ripped but that depends on costs.

3rd window screw became brittle and broke off (drivers side). The 3rd window, I think is what it is called, the far back window. the window opens fine but arm is not bolted to the glass. all these bolt caps feels brittle on both sides. I'm am told I need a whole unit as they dont sell just the bolt caps. any advice here would be great

Thanks in advance
Welcome psllaw3601,

Antenna is for GPS. Do you have that feature built-in? Alternatives? TO reply to your question, have looked on fleabay?

DS plastic side panel cover - NLA from stealership but you may want to verify. Note: $$$$$ if they have the correct color for you.
Best to check out the pickn pull or car-parts.com This side cover is notorious for breaking/splitting when moving in and out, etc.
https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/3028710-front-seat-base-coverings.html

3rd window screw - an option to purchasing a complete unit - https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/3027226-wing-window-actuator-hardware.html

Try using the search button (top right hand side of the forum page) It's very resourceful.

Attachments

#3 ·
1) That Antenna is only for GPS? hmmm then I will just super glue it back on for aesthetics and figure out why the radio doesnt work.

2) This part I will have to look for. Do you know a model number, the site you gave doesnt say it. or what is it commonly refereed to as?

3) The post you directed me to made reference to another site which said the part number is 1636720001. They dont indicate what car its for, should I assume this is the correct part?

Thank you, I spent a few hours searching and you helped alot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.