Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   W163 M-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/)
-   -   Vibration on acceleration (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/3023458-vibration-acceleration.html)

Frankcorona 04-16-2019 09:40 AM

Vibration on acceleration

Hello all hope you guys can help me with my issue.

I have a 2005 ml350 with vibration when I accelerate, it gets worst at 40-60 mph I can feel it in the footwell and in the steering wheel, it goes away and smoothens after that. I suspect that maybe it has to do with the front Differential possibly. Maybe the diff Bearing, Has anyone had similar issues??? I have done new

U joints
checked and Balance drive shaft
change diff fluids
checked torque converter
checked tranny
center bearing
wheel bearings
control arms
new steering rack

and still can't find the issue. I have taken it to "Pro shops" that have only been taking my money and not figured out the issue.

wallyo 04-16-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankcorona (Post 17758230)
Hello all hope you guys can help me with my issue.

I have a 2005 ml350 with vibration when I accelerate, it gets worst at 40-60 mph I can feel it in the footwell and in the steering wheel, it goes away and smoothens after that.

Frank you have been asking this question on several other threads, I keep trying to give you a hand but have not gotten a reply back to any of my suggestions.

Have you checked the front differential bushings or as they are known the subframe bushings?

Also the motor mounts? You do not list those as being checked.

Someone step in and please correct me if I am wrong but up to 05 the differentials on the ml's seem pretty solid it is 06 that problems start cropping up.

Frankcorona 04-16-2019 11:08 AM

thanks for the tip. I just order new Motor Mounts and i will check the bushings on the diff this week. I will keep posted

wallyo 04-16-2019 11:20 AM

Have you confirmed the motor mounts are bad?
Do you have the link to the utube video on how to go about replacing them?

If not let me know.

cmitch 04-21-2019 09:42 PM

Motor mounts are a pain in the ass. Consult youtube videos to familiarize yourself with time saving procedures. It will make your life much easier. I opted to remove brackets off engine block after supporting engine from bottom and jacking it up. You better have a set of torx sockets and universals or you're never going to get them off. Procedure requires removal of serpentine belt and the a/c mounting bolts since one goes through the driverside bracket.

Frankcorona 05-23-2019 08:06 AM

just did the Motor mounts last week and no change at all. I did both engine and tranny mount

Frankcorona 05-23-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallyo (Post 17758298)
Have you confirmed the motor mounts are bad?
Do you have the link to the utube video on how to go about replacing them?

If not let me know.

I change the motor mounts and tranny mount and no change... still has the vibration

Frankcorona 05-23-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallyo (Post 17758286)
Frank you have been asking this question on several other threads, I keep trying to give you a hand but have not gotten a reply back to any of my suggestions.

Have you checked the front differential bushings or as they are known the subframe bushings?

Also the motor mounts? You do not list those as being checked.

Someone step in and please correct me if I am wrong but up to 05 the differentials on the ml's seem pretty solid it is 06 that problems start cropping up.

didi the motor mounts and tranny mount and still no change.. check the diff bushings and they are ok

43sqd 05-23-2019 10:10 AM

Did you ever consider wheel balancing and a wheel alignment?

Frankcorona 05-23-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 43sqd (Post 17794218)
Did you ever consider wheel balancing and a wheel alignment?

I did it a few times just to make sure.. and tire rotation as well