Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Vibration on acceleration

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  mattml430 
#1 ·
Hello all hope you guys can help me with my issue.

I have a 2005 ml350 with vibration when I accelerate, it gets worst at 40-60 mph I can feel it in the footwell and in the steering wheel, it goes away and smoothens after that. I suspect that maybe it has to do with the front Differential possibly. Maybe the diff Bearing, Has anyone had similar issues??? I have done new

U joints
checked and Balance drive shaft
change diff fluids
checked torque converter
checked tranny
center bearing
wheel bearings
control arms
new steering rack

and still can't find the issue. I have taken it to "Pro shops" that have only been taking my money and not figured out the issue.

#2 ·
Hello all hope you guys can help me with my issue.

I have a 2005 ml350 with vibration when I accelerate, it gets worst at 40-60 mph I can feel it in the footwell and in the steering wheel, it goes away and smoothens after that.
Frank you have been asking this question on several other threads, I keep trying to give you a hand but have not gotten a reply back to any of my suggestions.

Have you checked the front differential bushings or as they are known the subframe bushings?

Also the motor mounts? You do not list those as being checked.

Someone step in and please correct me if I am wrong but up to 05 the differentials on the ml's seem pretty solid it is 06 that problems start cropping up.

#5 ·
Motor mounts are a pain in the ass. Consult youtube videos to familiarize yourself with time saving procedures. It will make your life much easier. I opted to remove brackets off engine block after supporting engine from bottom and jacking it up. You better have a set of torx sockets and universals or you're never going to get them off. Procedure requires removal of serpentine belt and the a/c mounting bolts since one goes through the driverside bracket.

#11 ·
It sure sounds like a flex disk symptom. But you already mentioned you checked and balanced the driveshaft.
humm.

#12 ·
Edited post realized you did check front differential bushings. just an off chance you check the rear ones? Also tires might be balanced but do you have delamination, thread separation.
One other thing and I do not know if Ml's have one but steering damper? Lastly how are the drive shafts? I don't think they were on yourlist?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.