(IMPT!)...Tell me if THIS has ever happened to you.... (long!)..
So... I recently bought a 2000 ML55 (I think it was 3 weeks ago now)... and started to refurbish it (thread here) ... (with help of really great active members in this community ! just amazingly helpful !!!)....
I bought it at a steal... and quickly went through all the mechanicals... and did some of the most expensive repairs / improvements on the w163 chassis... ended up spending upwards of $3,500 on the car - but I don't care...because honestly, really love this truck / beast - and never intend to sell it!
Then... 3 weeks later (and a lot of work, hours, researching, parts buying / shopping and mechanic fees...).... I saw another ML55 ... with (this was on thursday):
25k less miles...
essentially "single" owner
california only car (also)
2002 model (!)
absoultely 100% perfect leather interior.... not even a crack in it!... nothing...no wear... looks like a 20k mile interior!
and the following in maintenance :
- all mercedes dealer service
- all service records
- overkill service maintenance (trans / oil / bushings etc)
- recent steering rack replacement
- AAM module replacement (for good measure by mercedes)
- carbon pads, new rotors, full service (all done in last 5k miles)
- much more to list (but have not gone through all the records)
with the following OEM options (basically, everything except parktronic):
- dealer installed overhead DVD system / screen with headphones
- mercedes step / nerf bars
- mercedes front brush bar
- mercedes rear spoiler
- bi-xenon headlights
- mercedes trailer hitch
- mercedes cargo cover
- mercedes cargo net
- mercedes cross bars
- merc tire inflator ('00 was missing)
- merc spare holder ('00 was missing)
- mercedes OEM rear seat cover (!)
and the following in upgrades / mods
- w164 updated front grill (oem grill included)
- powder coated brush and step bars
- all bulbs interior / exterior replaced with LED's
- extra set of HID driving lights attached to brush bar
- extra set of DRL's attached to brush bar
- Flood light / convenience LED light attached to front and rear
- custom headlight trim with integrated LED turn signals (DRL's attached to brush bar automatically switch to "amber" when indicating / turning... so that makes it 4 different lights flashing on when indicating (!!) :
- 6th seat installed in the 3rd row (!!)
- twin tail pipes
- resonator delete
- brand new OEM headlights (relatively recent)
- upgraded wipers (i know there is a debate...)
- even "5.5 amg badges" on the fenders
* I write all this...because... every....single mod.... including the damn fender badges (which I already order on ebay last week)... I was already going to do on my 2000 ML55 !
and the following in spares
- extra set of rear tail lights
- extra set of AMG wheels
- extra tires
- extra OEM rubber floor mats (not used)
- extra AMG carpet floor mats
- weather-tech floor mats all around including trunk
I BOUGHT IT !!!!!
ahh... there is a "problem" with the car... i forgot to mention :
Low Range does not engage ! lol... fix on the way... ;)))))
(he never trailered the car !!!!)
Hahahah the addiction has got you quick.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great find . . . did you find the 55 in your area?
Please change the wheels ASAP. Those rims are not wide enough . You will be wasting the 285's in them. Or are they 17"?
Possible solution to your dilemma....
Congratulations, sounds to be a great find !
I might be interested in purchasing your 2000 model. Send me any other details about the ML , along with a list of items needing attention. If the price is right, I might fly out and drive it back to Atlanta (I'm retired Delta).
The main requirement is that it have no rust , be up to such a road trip, and of course , a great price !
If interested, send me a private message. Also would like a full set of pictures.
I will have more details, better shots etc... once i get a chance to sort / organize some things... the car needs a detail ;) ..and I will remove some of the extra shhiiii-stuff on the car that I don't need... stay tuned :D
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:50 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.