(IMPT!)...Tell me if THIS has ever happened to you.... (long!).. - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2018
Vehicle: ml55, ml63, AMG GT (soon..)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by springerfever View Post
...If interested, send me a private message. Also would like a full set of pictures.

check your pm... also, clear out some messages if you can - bc I tried to follow up with you, and it said your inbox is full.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 05 500
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
It looks like you got a good buy with the newer ML55. It looks like the owner went for all available options which were offered at that time. Even that wheel, if I recall, was an option at the time for the ML500 and 55 (what size is it). A couple of things that bother me: The grille is a W164. I wonder why they did that - personal taste which is OK, but the original ML55 grille is more tasty. What bothers me more is the exhaust tips. They don't look right from the pics. They don't look like OEM ML55 tips. Can you pic from alternate angles? Even if they are aftermarkets, they should fit better than shown in the pictures. What are the other options on the truck? Really looks clean. Enjoy the ride.

My apologies - I lost track from sucking up to the beauty of your new ride and forgot to answer your main question: NO, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME.
mattml430 and amgdvl like this.

1996 Z32 TT
A 18Hp lawn mower
370Z - I want one!

Last edited by Darkmann; 12-05-2018 at 07:53 PM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmann View Post
It looks like you got a good buy with the newer ML55. It looks like the owner went for all available options which were offered at that time. Even that wheel, if I recall, was an option at the time for the ML500 and 55 (what size is it). A couple of things that bother me: The grille is a W164. I wonder why they did that - personal taste which is OK, but the original ML55 grille is more tasty. What bothers me more is the exhaust tips. They don't look right from the pics. They don't look like OEM ML55 tips. Can you pic from alternate angles? Even if they are aftermarkets, they should fit better than shown in the pictures. What are the other options on the truck? Really looks clean. Enjoy the ride.

My apologies - I lost track from sucking up to the beauty of your new ride and forgot to answer your main question: NO, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME.
2000 ML :
I honestly have not had time to even drive the new (2002) ML55... because I am so busy getting the old one buttoned up (but without any mods). Just today, completely cleaned and reinstalled headliner, also had to do a R&R for sunroof drainage tube - not fun at all...all that is left is i have to troubleshoot the radio wiring (sound going to only one speaker at present)....

so need to do that.

then decided whether to keep the 2000 or sell it.

2002 ML:
wheel size for Lorinzer Wheels should be exact same for AMG wheels...18"... but there are spacers on the wheels (I have to pull the wheel and check this when i get a chance)
Exhaust - i will come up with a better solution for this, they sit too low.
Grill - I am not sure which I will keep (I have both).
Lights - I am going to clean the look up much more... and get rid of extra lights, or just attach to the bull bar - and see if there is a way to do a quick release for easy removal.

This weekend, I will take a lot more pictures... just bad timing at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 12:42 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2000 ML55 sold😢 2013 ML500,😁 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
If the stereo is running through the the old Bose amp it might be blown. Probably easier to run a new amp with the new stereo head unit you get.
I think the 55 looks better without the front bar it takes away from the 55 look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
art_arev likes this.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 07:05 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Sep 2014
Vehicle: 2015 ML250 BluTec, 2002 ML 500 Sport Edition (Sold :(), 2012 C250
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
And if it is the Bose amp, you should reference the PDF that I posted in your other thread last week asking how to bypass it. You can put in an external amp, but with the right HU, like the one I suggested, it has enough power to drive the Bose speakers. Just have to be patient and take your time splicing into the harness and hooking everything back up once you bypass the Bose amp.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WE47B1ME View Post
And if it is the Bose amp, you should reference the PDF that I posted in your other thread last week asking how to bypass it. You can put in an external amp, but with the right HU, like the one I suggested, it has enough power to drive the Bose speakers. Just have to be patient and take your time splicing into the harness and hooking everything back up once you bypass the Bose amp.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
That's a good idea ! Thanks.. will check that out with the system. (this one I am either leaving it with the stock radio or moving the Pioneer radio from the '02 over)... I think there is an aftermarket amplifier, and aftermarket crossovers... so... will sort through that mess... and reference what you posted in other thread.

Awesome ! (maybe not so much...I'll see...)
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 03:28 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2011
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Karl; 2000 ML55 AMG - Klaus; 2005 ML350 - Gertraud (daughter's car)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
wow ... good luck !

98 e320 white 202K (totalled)
01 e320 black 158K ... black beauty (for sale)
00 ML 55 Azure blue 134K ... beast mode
05 ml350 black 105K (daughter's car thank GOD)
08 e350 red ... the new sled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 03:37 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Nov 2015
Vehicle: w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattml430 View Post
I think the 55 looks better without the front bar it takes away from the 55 look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, however, these front bumper covers are so dam brittle and crack easily. Any cowboy backing up into these bumpers is gonna make life miserable. These bumper covers are already hard enough to find and $$$.
I'd keep it on just for preservation sake. Park it far away from the crowds and walk for the exercise, like I do.
mattml430 likes this.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Massive Cleaning (Interior Only) Day..... And re-assembly of 2000 Interior Parts...

8 hours straight...no breaks ! ))
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6164.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	2472306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6182.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2472312  
Noodles and Ops like this.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 07:35 AM

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2010 ML350 FORMER: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240, 2001 ML320, 1984 300TD
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1665 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Good grief! That is some deep cleaning! I'll add one more task to your routine - pull the carpets out and pressure wash them. I've done this more than once on my kid's cars over the years. The amount of dirt and goo that comes out of the carpet is just amazing.
Noodles and mattml430 like this.

--

- RODNEY

So you want to send me a private message? Please read this first:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Stable:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in