Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via Skype™ to art_arev
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&kML350 View Post
Art you have the Foxwell NT644 is that corect and you can read all the modules

Thanks
Yes, NT644. But I went over the top. NT644 is ALL Cars & ALL SYSTEMS. One can choose European Cars & ALL Systems for half the price of NT644. There are a lot of different pro scanners to choose from. One can get the NT624 or NT614. For MB either one will do. If you go to the Foxwell site , you can read about the specs & decide which one suits you.

Art
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by art_arev View Post
Yes, NT644. But I went over the top. NT644 is ALL Cars & ALL SYSTEMS. One can choose European Cars & ALL Systems for half the price of NT644. There are a lot of different pro scanners to choose from. One can get the NT624 or NT614. For MB either one will do. If you go to the Foxwell site , you can read about the specs & decide which one suits you.
The last time i had a filling and a few minor addons i could have purchased a NT644 art. nice work if you can get it.
Ha only joke. It it a preferred profession though hey.
Mike's ML and art_arev like this.
post #203 of 223 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 08:28 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadamp View Post
Whats the big thing with transmission codes. Why is it so difficult for scanner manufacturers to produce a device that reads the trans codes?.
I purchased an Innova 3160b a couple of years ago (43sqd recommended it). If you choose enhanced codes, then select Chrysler/Jeep, it gives you the choice of reading either engine or transmission codes. I haven't had any transmission codes returned but it seems to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 10:03 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2010
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me if this tool can read a 2003 Sprinter USA/NAFTA diesel model?
I don't see anything in the videos that I've seen that show that model. Does any of the updated firmware add Sprinter to the list of available vehicles?
Thanks!
post #205 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 03:31 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: 1972 450SL, 2014 ML350
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I bought a i980 to troubleshoot CEL on 98 ML320. It worked for a week or so but now does not offer the ML320 or ANYTHING other than Sprinter under the Diagnose selection. It used to...

Called iCarsoft 2X ... got recording saying to leave a message... not mentioning that the phone number WAS iCarsoft.
Sent 2 emails asking for help to address on web site... so far no reply.
This does NOT bode well.
Horrible support... or seamless lack thereof.
Alex
colorado_al likes this.
post #206 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 05:42 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halexb View Post
I bought a i980 to troubleshoot CEL on 98 ML320. It worked for a week or so but now does not offer the ML320 or ANYTHING other than Sprinter under the Diagnose selection. It used to...

Called iCarsoft 2X ... got recording saying to leave a message... not mentioning that the phone number WAS iCarsoft.
Sent 2 emails asking for help to address on web site... so far no reply.
This does NOT bode well.
Horrible support... or seamless lack thereof.
Alex
That's too bad. Hope you are able to reverse the charges on your credit card.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to skip the iCarsoft i980 and go with the Foxwell NT622 for $256.50
2014 New Professional Foxwell NT622 AutoMaster Pro European Makes All System Scanner OBD2 Code Scanner All Systems Scan Tool-in Code Readers & Scan Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
post #207 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 01:51 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_arev View Post
Hi Art. I was wondering how you like the Foxwell NT644? Has it seemed to do all that you were hoping and was advertised? I ordered the Foxwell NT622 to try on my '03 Sprinter OM612. It appears to be the exact same hardware just limited to European only vehicles and also does not have Service Interval reset or EPB/Brake caliper function.
Any thips you can give me would be great!
Thanks!
post #208 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2013
Vehicle: ML55 AMG 2003 RHD, ML55 AMG 2002 RHD
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via Skype™ to art_arev
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado_al View Post
Hi Art. I was wondering how you like the Foxwell NT644? Has it seemed to do all that you were hoping and was advertised? I ordered the Foxwell NT622 to try on my '03 Sprinter OM612. It appears to be the exact same hardware just limited to European only vehicles and also does not have Service Interval reset or EPB/Brake caliper function.
Any thips you can give me would be great!
Thanks!
It does all that is advertised. Simple to use, regular updates. I don't think you will miss the service interval or EPB. Its a good machine. You wont regret it. Play with it for 30min & you will know all the ins & outs, its user friendly. You have to download the software from their site so you can update it.

Art
post #209 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 02:02 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle: 2001 E430 4Matic
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
After reading this thread I got very excited and wanted to purchase one for my w210. I had my transmission replaced last year, new conductor plate, etc... Car runs fine. Check engine light comes on once in a while and I don't think any stored error codes have been erased yet. Someone posted a few pages back that the iCarsoft i980 does not work for. The w210. It skips it in the list when the choosing vehicle screen pops up.
post #210 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 02:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Art does your foxwell allow you to control any modules or just read information from the modules?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in