SPLIT: ml55 mg 0-60 9secs? uh? GROUP THERAPY - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2008
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SPLIT: ml55 mg 0-60 9secs? uh? GROUP THERAPY

I have been thinking recently that my 55 is a bit slow for 350 horses, so found a nice open road and tested the 0-60 was over 9 secs?????
EEEeeeeek Something must be really wrong? Tried it twice?
I dont have any lights on, But i am getting a missfire when cold,
had it diagnostic checked and there was a mirefire on 7 of the 8 cylinders,
cleared these and still the same,

SO I am guessing, plugs, leads would be first think to check?
Help please guys!!!!!
ml55 500bhp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 PM
~BANNED~
 
pointman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2003
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tell me you are using something more than your Swatch to measure.
pointman is offline  
post #3 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2008
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
well over 3 seconds difference is enough to say that it is running slow!
SORRY IT WASNT ON A DRAG STRIP TO 1000TH OF A SECOND!
ml55 500bhp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 06:26 PM
~BANNED~
 
pointman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2003
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml55 500bhp View Post
well over 3 seconds difference is enough to say that it is running slow!
SORRY IT WASNT ON A DRAG STRIP TO 1000TH OF A SECOND!
So you used a wristwatch? I wasn't saying you needed a drag strip Mr. Sensitive. I was hoping you utilized a more specific automotive device.
pointman is offline  
post #5 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
mclass13's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2004 ML350
Location: New York
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
So you used a wristwatch? I wasn't saying you needed a drag strip Mr. Sensitive. I was hoping you utilized a more specific automotive device.
The Best way to measure the time 0-60 is to record the speedometer with you cell phone camera and then see how many sec it takes from 0-60 LOL Mr Sensistive pointman you got a sense of humor
mclass13 is offline  
post #6 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
Bigburgundy's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2004 ML500 w/ Sport Package
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
Tell me you are using something more than your Swatch to measure.
I agree a wrist watch might not be the best device, but 3 seconds slow is a noticeable time with just a wrist watch. He asked where to start looking for his problem, not our opinions on his timing device.

-Like my father has been telling me since I was 9 years old: "If it doesn't have a star, it's just another car"
Bigburgundy is offline  
post #7 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FAR888's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle: 2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
Posts: 4,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
...But i am getting a missfire when cold,
had it diagnostic checked and there was a mirefire on 7 of the 8 cylinders,
cleared these and still the same,

SO I am guessing, plugs, leads would be first think to check?
Help please guys!!!!!
Like Bigburgundy said, why don't we all try to actually address his 'problem'?

Assuming that his method (wristwatch or otherwise) of recording the 0-60 time is accurate, 9 seconds is slow for the ML55

Hell, even I get just under 7 seconds with unleaded regular fuel out here in West Africa!!!

I'd say check your spark plug wires and spark plugs first and then your coil set.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
FAR888 is offline  
post #8 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:45 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Bobgsinsung's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2008
Vehicle: W163 05' ML500
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought the official time for a ML55 was something like 6.8, which would be in perfect conditions, optimum specs etc. So if your car is carrying a bit more weight, due a service,got a lot of miles under her belt, didnt quite get off the line as fast as a magazine test driver and considering your timing method may not be quite so accurate then a 2 second difference doesent sound too implausible.
Bobgsinsung is offline  
post #9 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobgsinsung View Post
I thought the official time for a ML55 was something like 6.8, which would be in perfect conditions, optimum specs etc. So if your car is carrying a bit more weight, due a service,got a lot of miles under her belt, didnt quite get off the line as fast as a magazine test driver and considering your timing method may not be quite so accurate then a 2 second difference doesent sound too implausible.
2 seconds is still a lot of time. MB's 0-60 times are usually on the conservative side. The ML320 was rated at 9 seconds to 60 I believe and I can do it in that time all day long.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
asianml is offline  
post #10 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 08:56 PM
~BANNED~
 
pointman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2003
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburgundy View Post
I agree a wrist watch might not be the best device, but 3 seconds slow is a noticeable time with just a wrist watch. He asked where to start looking for his problem, not our opinions on his timing device.
I understood the original post. No need to explain it to me. I felt compelled to respond in accordance to his post, regardless of what he wanted. But thanks for playing.
pointman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
SPLIT: ml55 mg 0-60 9secs? uh? TECHNICAL ml55 500bhp W163 M-Class 64 04-27-2011 08:49 AM
Therapy wildhorse R170 SLK-Class 17 05-24-2008 10:29 PM
Retail therapy ScottinSoCal R/C107 SL/SLC Class 23 02-15-2008 08:01 AM
I NEED THERAPY Merc600sec W140 S-Class 9 09-17-2004 08:50 AM
In need of therapy--D90 v. G Jock Marlo G-Class 5 03-03-2001 01:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome