FS: Rear Tire Holder, Side Steps, Bull Bar - Detailed with Pics - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1998 ML320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: Rear Tire Holder, Side Steps, Bull Bar - Detailed with Pics

I have been getting some inquires about the rear tire holder recently as well as for the Bull Bar and Side steps. I thought I would make a new thread with detailed information and pictures for anyone interested. These items will be shipped from Airdrie Alberta Canada T4B2E2. Please note due to large dimensions and heavy weight shipping may be costly to some destinations.

Chrome Bull Bar:

May or may not be Mercedes Benz part. The bull bar I am selling is a replacement I received from a an auto body shop through insurance after a small front end collision. I am unsure whether or not it is Mercedes or some after market manufacturer. The item is in excellent condition and is 2 years old.

Includes: Bull Bar and all required mounting hardware. Shown in pictures.

Approximate Weight for Shipping reference: entire package - 25 pounds

Asking: $175 OBO

Chrome Side Steps:

These chrome side steps are Mercedes Benz parts. They are as old as the vehicle, however still in good condition. Some of the mounting bolts are rusted a little. The steps could do with some polishing to bring out a mirror finish again.

Includes: Two sides steps and all required mounting hardware. Shown in Pictures (note: only one mounting bracket is pictured attached to vehicle, however all 4 mounting brackets are included including bolts.)

Approximate Weight for Shipping reference: entire package - 45 pounds

Asking: $150 OBO

Rear Tire Holder (black/chrome):

The rear tires holder is in excellent condition. It is 2 years old, it is a replacement for the original one due to a minor collision to the rear. The holder is black faced with chrome tubes. There are not dents or scratches. Chrome finish is still mirror shiny.

Includes: Rear Tire Holder, Electronic cables/adapters ie brake light, 2X reinforcement/mounting brackets, sleeves, bolts, screws. All required hardware to mount the holder is included. Everything I removed to remove the carrier is included. (The Spare tire is NOT included.) Everything shown in pictures. (please note the listing does include BOTH reinforcement brackets however one is shown still mounted to the vehicle, the other not.)

Approximate Weight for Shipping reference: entire package - 80 pounds

Asking: $600 OBO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0244.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	186484   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0245.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	186485   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0246.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	186486   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0248.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	186487   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0250.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	186489  

Name:	000_0251.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	186490   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0254.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	186491   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0253.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	186492   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0255.jpg
Views:	2833
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	186493  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

University of Lethbridge Forum
"Connect With Your Campus"

Last edited by TheGodfather; 07-15-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
More Rear Tire Holder Pictures.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	000_0256.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	186494   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0257.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	186495   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0258.jpg
Views:	827
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	186496  

-

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
do you know how to instal this, i need instructions, I have one but don't know how to instal it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
I dismantled it so I would be able to guide you here and there on installation, however I do not think I could give you a step by step. Do you have any specific questions on installation?

Have you already cut the holes in your bumper? There are guide like slots on the inside back of the bumper so you know where to cut.

Install right and left reinforcement brackets. the one on the left (where the carrier's swinging hinge will be) will attach to the swinging hinge. The reinforcement bracket on the right (where the pins fasten into the bumper) will hold the sleeve and locking mechanism.

Connect the brake light cable to the correct socket adaptor in the rear of the vehicle. It is located inside the rear interior access panel (the one on the gas tank side of the vehicle) Run the attatched cable down through an already factory cut hole (may or may not be cut but it is outlined and may or may not already have rubber seal for running wire through.)

You will likely need someone to help lift the carrier up for you while you align its bracket on the swinging part to the frame/left reinforcement bracket under the vehicle. Once aligned slide in and fasten the bolts.

Make sure you install the bumper before you bolt on the locking latch mechanism to the frame/reinforcement bracket on the right side. This is because the latch locking mechanism protrudes through the bumper and sits on the outside of the bumper making it impossible to uninstall/reinstall the bumper with it in the way.

I hope this helped a little. These were the first things that came to mind.

-

Last edited by TheGodfather; 07-14-2008 at 08:51 PM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 08:56 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 99 ML430 - 13 328i
Send a message via AIM to Solidjake
wow, excellent prices for these items!!!! Whoever buys these is getting an excellent deal! good luck bro
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
Lifetime Premium Member
They look to be in great shape and you are offering them at great prices.
If I had a place to store them, I might get them for spares.

Good luck selling them !

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
Every time I make a FS post all of a sudden no one is looking for these items.

I got some paintwork to pay for people!

I got a relative quote from a person in the states and to ship the tire holder will cost 150-550 dollars depending on which shipping speed you choose (UPS). 150 is really not as bad as I thought for an 80 pound 4 foot tall item.

-

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
bump

-

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: ML320, 2001
Hi Godfather, do you still have the spare tyre holder? If yes, 'am interested in it...so please find out for me the shipping cost by Canada Post to Toronto and let me know
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 12:46 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2008
Post Spare tyre holder

please email me a quote for a full set of the Bull Bar,side steps and rear tyre holder for a mercedes ml 350.also send along freight charges for the same to UK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in