LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 12:42 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2011
Vehicle: ML320 2002 Vin # 4JGAB54EE52A334308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ML 320 lot of same issues, but.....

I've a 2002 320 with 95 k on it. Recently the power steering rack went, I had it replaced, then told the p/s pump was banjacked cos it had been working to hard to compensate for the rack, Replaced it. After lots of money and tears got it back from the shop and within 30 minutes ABs ESP and Bas light comes on along with beeping brake light. Driving down the highway a great flapping sound comes from drivers side tyre and it blows out. Got it towed to the shop ( my expence) and they spent a day going over the car, first there was no reason the tyre blew , absolutely no damage to it. They stopped charging me at 8 hours which I thought was bloody magnanimous. Eventually they concluded that the windshield washer reservoir had leaked onto the abs module and corroded the unit, I was broke at this point so they cleaned up the corrosion as best they could and told me it might last, the Bas Abs Esp lights stayed on, but he beeping brake nag was off. Have driven for 2 weeks and the beeping brake nag came on today. No flapping noise, but pulled car off road in case. Any ideas before I put my daughter on th game to pay for a new ABS mod. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in