Got the codes read: P0300, P0304, P0305, P0306 - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Witek_M's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1972
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 6,105
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lauhoff View Post
Witek, I think I am having a similar problem on my 00 ML430. Started idling rough. Have codes in the P030x series for misfires in cylinder 6 & 7. Also have P017x fuel trim codes. In addition, but possibly not related, have O2 sensor circuit bank errors (P0136 and P0156) as well as the dreaded P0400 EGR flow. I cleaned the MAF sensor but didn't see a change in performance. Is replacement of the MAF sensor the first place to start with this? I haven't done all the live data mapping as shown in the thread yet.
Before you clear any codes make sure to preserve freeze frame data from codes. Is is a snapshot of operating conditions when fault has occurred.

I am getting pending code P0400 in my ML320. Last time i replaced EGR valve and cleaned pipe was 130k ago. So, it is time to look at it again.

Here is freeze frame from that code.

Freeze frame report generated by Torque for Android
================================================== =======

Vehicle VIN: Not present
Vehicle Manufacturer: Unknown
Vehicle Calibration ID: Not present

Freeze frame information:
------------------
Fuel Status = 0 byte
Engine Load = 10.98 %
Engine Coolant Temperature = 82 C
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Short Term = 0 %
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Long Term = 0.781 %
Fuel Trim Bank 2 Short Term = 0 %
Fuel Trim Bank 2 Long Term = 1.562 %
Intake Manifold Pressure = 29 kpa
Engine RPM = 1,375 rpm
Speed (OBD) = 39.768 mph


End of report.

1972 280SEL 4.5
1999 ML320
2000 E320
2003 ML350
Witek_M is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:22 AM
Premium Member
 
Steve Lauhoff's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2016
Vehicle: 2001 ML320, 2000 ML430
Location: Milford, TX
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witek_M View Post
Before you clear any codes make sure to preserve freeze frame data from codes. Is is a snapshot of operating conditions when fault has occurred.

I am getting pending code P0400 in my ML320. Last time i replaced EGR valve and cleaned pipe was 130k ago. So, it is time to look at it again.

Here is freeze frame from that code.

Freeze frame report generated by Torque for Android
================================================== =======

Vehicle VIN: Not present
Vehicle Manufacturer: Unknown
Vehicle Calibration ID: Not present

Freeze frame information:
------------------
Fuel Status = 0 byte
Engine Load = 10.98 %
Engine Coolant Temperature = 82 C
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Short Term = 0 %
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Long Term = 0.781 %
Fuel Trim Bank 2 Short Term = 0 %
Fuel Trim Bank 2 Long Term = 1.562 %
Intake Manifold Pressure = 29 kpa
Engine RPM = 1,375 rpm
Speed (OBD) = 39.768 mph


End of report.
I just got my iCarSoft scanner and cannot figure out yet how to save the data to disk so I can copy and paste. So here is my transcribed version.

At idle:
DTC causing Freeze Frame P0300
Fuel System 1 status CL_Fault
Fuel System 2 status CL_Fault
Calculated Load Value 18.8%
Engine Coolant Temp 68 deg C
Short-term Fuel Trim - Bank 1 25.0%
Short-term Fuel Trim - Bank 2 0.0%
LT Fuel Trim - Bank 1 20.3%
LT Fuel Trim - Bank 2 21.9%
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure 64.0 kPa
Engine RPM 525
Speed 2 km/hr

Live Data:
Ignition Timing Advance for Cylinder 1 -6.0 deg
Air Flow Rate from MAF Sensor 3.08 g/s
Absolute Throttle Position 2.0%
O2 Sensor Output Voltage B1-S1 0.020V
O2 Sensor Output Voltage B1-S2 0.475V
O2 Sensor Output Voltage B2-S1 0.150V
O2 Sensor Output Voltage B2-S2 0.270V
ST Fuel Trim B1-S1 25.0%
ST Fuel Trim B1-S2 99.2%

Additionally, after you mentioned the EGR valve, I decided to check the hoses on the engine. I found that a Y connector to one of the check valves was not attached. Also, as I was checking the hoses on the back of the engine, I discovered a loose hose that attaches to the PCV. Where is this end supposed to attach and would this be contributing to my problem? Have no idea how it came detached.

Thanks for any feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	2512028   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	2512030  
Steve Lauhoff is offline  
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Witek_M's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1972
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 6,105
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
In first image I see black hard vacuum line on top of manifold. Where does other end go? Purge valve?

1972 280SEL 4.5
1999 ML320
2000 E320
2003 ML350
Witek_M is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Premium Member
 
Steve Lauhoff's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2016
Vehicle: 2001 ML320, 2000 ML430
Location: Milford, TX
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witek_M View Post
In first image I see black hard vacuum line on top of manifold. Where does other end go? Purge valve?
Correct. I felt around and couldn’t find an obvious connection. On my ML320 it seems like it attaches to the top of the throttle body.
Steve Lauhoff is offline  
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Witek_M's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1972
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 6,105
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Same place. That line connects to breather hose junction that fits over both throttle body and intake manifold.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-12_105750e01.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	2512038  

1972 280SEL 4.5
1999 ML320
2000 E320
2003 ML350
Witek_M is offline  
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Premium Member
 
Steve Lauhoff's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2016
Vehicle: 2001 ML320, 2000 ML430
Location: Milford, TX
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witek_M View Post
Same place. That line connects to breather hose junction that fits over both throttle body and intake manifold.
Will reattach when I get back home. Do you think this is the root of the problem?
Steve Lauhoff is offline  
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Witek_M's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1972
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 6,105
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lauhoff View Post
Will reattach when I get back home. Do you think this is the root of the problem?
It is rather large vacuum leak. That would explain why your LTFT is pegged. If your scan tool allows it reset adaptation values. If not, take it for a long drive at least 40-50 miles with light throttle. You will see immediate reaction in STFT going negative and LTFT slowly follow.

1972 280SEL 4.5
1999 ML320
2000 E320
2003 ML350
Witek_M is offline  
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Premium Member
 
Steve Lauhoff's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2016
Vehicle: 2001 ML320, 2000 ML430
Location: Milford, TX
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witek_M View Post
It is rather large vacuum leak. That would explain why your LTFT is pegged. If your scan tool allows it reset adaptation values. If not, take it for a long drive at least 40-50 miles with light throttle. You will see immediate reaction in STFT going negative and LTFT slowly follow.
Runs much smoother now. LTFT was down to about 3% on both banks after 25 miles of driving. STFT was running the same. Are those values appropriate enough for me to reset the codes?

The fitting for that hose seemed pretty hard to me. I think it is a rubber fitting. I want to go ahead and get new breather hoses and fittings anyway. What does Mercedes call those hoses so I can order them? I have not been able to find them yet in the online catalog.
Steve Lauhoff is offline  
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 03:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Witek_M's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1972
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 6,105
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lauhoff View Post
Runs much smoother now. LTFT was down to about 3% on both banks after 25 miles of driving. STFT was running the same. Are those values appropriate enough for me to reset the codes?

The fitting for that hose seemed pretty hard to me. I think it is a rubber fitting. I want to go ahead and get new breather hoses and fittings anyway. What does Mercedes call those hoses so I can order them? I have not been able to find them yet in the online catalog.

Here is parts lookup.

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/e...asis=16317206H

1972 280SEL 4.5
1999 ML320
2000 E320
2003 ML350
Witek_M is offline  
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Premium Member
 
Steve Lauhoff's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2016
Vehicle: 2001 ML320, 2000 ML430
Location: Milford, TX
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witek_M View Post
Thanks, Witek.
Steve Lauhoff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W163 M-Class

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
had codes read AT AUTOZONE, help NEEDED kbendon W163 M-Class 0 07-07-2006 09:52 AM
P0300, P0301-P0306 and P0170 codes Brapol W140 S-Class 2 06-03-2006 11:01 AM
190 diagnostic codes how to read without scanner? gmc6.5td W201 190-Class 0 02-12-2006 09:15 PM
Where can I get a pocket scanner to read fault codes? ALLBIZNISS W163 M-Class 7 05-31-2005 12:03 PM
CEL code P0305 andP0307 geralmjcj W163 M-Class 1 02-06-2005 09:17 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome