Date registered: Jan 2017
Vehicle: 600 SE 1992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Jaimonides
(Thread Starter)
MEXICO 2000-TYP 1431-Aux in, possible?

Hello,

I have this stereo in my car with a silverstone cd charger for 6 disc in the trunk.First problem was to know the code as my father in law has 4 different cards with 4 different codes.

I was lucky and in the first attemp the code was the good one , I was able to listen music on the radio,cassete is also working and the sound is incredible. ,so I would like to go further.

But I have a problem with the cd charger its stucked and I think empty,I am not able to eject the cd magazine,you can heard a noise of the motor but with no results.I am going to try to put a link later to youtube to let you see what happens

I have tried with one of this tapes with a wire and a jack to connect with my smart phone,but the mexico 2000
eject the tape as he recognizes its not a normal tape.

I have enclosed pictures of my stereo and another one of the back of the cd charger in the trunk.

I have think also in one of those FM transmitters you plug in the lighter and connects with the smartphone by bluetooth.

Any advice would be wellcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mexicco 2000.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	394.5 KB
ID:	2523132   Click image for larger version

Name:	cdcharger.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	2523134  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 01:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2016
Vehicle: 1994 S600 Coupe
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
These guys have aux in adapters for various Becker radios. This one is for use with a CD changer.

https://www.discountcarstereo.com/aux-bkr.html

If you look at the link, it lists the Mexico radio.

They also have one for use without the CD changer. I would talk to them first before ordering, as Becker changed the interface several times. Having the specific model number off the side of the radio would help.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 06:51 PM
W140 Moderator

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: "CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I have the same problem with my cd changer , the magazine wont eject . To get it to eject i disconnect the power connector then re connect it ,most of the times it works .
However , since i got that ION casette ,i dont use the changer anymore , that casette acts as a bluetooth to receive phone calls etc but you need a microphone connected to talk and all the musik you want that is on your smart phone .
Link below read my last post if this applies to you , post#21.👍
https://www.benzworld.org/#/topics/2514737
z168 likes this.

*My-600SEL-V12*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"VENI-VIDI-VICI"
"I came-I saw-I conquered".
Driving a W140 & everything else feels like is standing still .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everything you like to know about the W140's
>>>> "
" <<<< .

==============

:
==============
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2017
Vehicle: 600 SE 1992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Jaimonides
(Thread Starter)
Hello All,

First of all thanks for your advices.

Jal 1224 ,I think those aux adapters are for newer models of becker,you can look at the type of connections in the back of my mexico 2000(operation instructions manual) and the type of connectors are totally diferent.

Merc-600 I didnt know about this ion tape but looking at amazon reviews I think people score higher to the Fm transmiter,almost 5 starts against 3 for the ION TAPE

https://www.amazon.es/Audio-Bluetoot...s%2C147&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I think I am going to order the FM transmitter and of course share the results here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	traseraradio.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	2523388  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 12:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2016
Vehicle: 1994 S600 Coupe
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimonides View Post
Hello All,

First of all thanks for your advices.

Jal 1224 ,I think those aux adapters are for newer models of becker,you can look at the type of connections in the back of my mexico 2000(operation instructions manual) and the type of connectors are totally diferent.

Merc-600 I didnt know about this ion tape but looking at amazon reviews I think people score higher to the Fm transmiter,almost 5 starts against 3 for the ION TAPE

https://www.amazon.es/Audio-Bluetoot...s%2C147&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I think I am going to order the FM transmitter and of course share the results here.
Yeah, it's hard to figure out the various generations of Becker radios. Even when they went to the iso interface, their use of pins wasn't totally consistent.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 01:05 PM
W140 Moderator

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: "CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I had a look at that FM transmitter, nice gadget but that is more suitable for Radios that already have the bluetooth on it , our Becker Mexico's dont have it unless one sends it to Becker and do the modification .
How will you connect that fm transmitter to hear over the 11 speakers in the w140 , it can not connect so you be hearing by my guess crappy music .
I try to make a good video of this ION casette later on of how the sound is , it is pretty good . I',m not easy to get convinced when it comes to anythink aftermarket that i test & install to KEEP in my 600 , if it is good , my fellow Benzworld friends will get to know about it like it is the case with that casette .
Lets say you have over 10000 music songs on your phone , the casette will run out of batterie before you hear them all ,lol .
There are two versions for batterie durance ,4 hours & 6 hour casettes .
The reviews you saw must be from people that have later radios with active bluetooth. &#x1f44d;

*My-600SEL-V12*

"VENI-VIDI-VICI"
"I came-I saw-I conquered".
Driving a W140 & everything else feels like is standing still .

Everything you like to know about the W140's
>>>> "
" <<<< .

==============

:
==============

Last edited by Merc-S600; 06-24-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W140 S-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in