I'd like to get a body kit for my W140.
First of all I don't want to drop it to the ground. I plan to keep stock suspension and 18" AMG monoblock wheels.
Now about that body kit.
It's mid of 2019 and it's pretty hard to find an authentic Wald or AMG or Lorinser body kit. You may find different pieces and building a kit may take a couple years. The only source is eBay and you have to be ready to refresh listings every single day until you either find a gem or become that "thinking thin" mad lady from Requiem For A Dream movie.
I've been looking at Artisan Spirits W140 body kit for a while. I even followed them on Facebook. They seem to do some decent stuff for Toyota and Lexus cars. Recently made a nice looking wide body kit for Toyota 86.
Honestly I don't know anything about their W140 kit.
Here are few stock pics:
Here is what I learned so far:
1) Nobody has it in stock and making such kit will take about 2 months plus or minus.
2) It's made from fiberglass (they call it FRP) which is not flexible like urethane (do I need a flexible bumpers?). I just read a bit about fiberglass kits and so far I only know that quality depends on many factors.
3) It's almost impossible to find any real life pics besides stock ones available on internet. I even asked them (Artisan Spirits) if they can supply any. They told me that since that car is old they don't have any pics.
4) You may buy it from one of their dealers here in US.
5) Artisan Spirits told me that kit is for a long version which is good.
6) This kit doesn't come with parking sensors so you have to drill holes if you need sensors. My car has that sensors and honestly Idk how and where to drill that holes. Never done it before.
My concerns are only about fitment. The last thing I want to spend few grand and then be looking for a guy who can help me fit this kit on my car.
Maybe I could start with ordering just a single piece of that kit i.e. a rear bumper or side panels.
Here it is:
メルセデスベンツ Sクラス ｜ ARTISAN SPIRITS for LEXUS（レクサス）TOYOTA（トヨタ）etc...
It's sold by Vivid Racing (they are not their dealers and don't have it in stock):
One of their dealers in US is Evasive Motorsports: https://www.evasivemotorsports.com
. Unfortunately you can't find that kit on their web site. I sent them an inquiry already.
PS: Unfortunately on the stock photos that white W140 is dropped and in my opinion it looks ugly. I wish I could find some real pics of that kit...
What do you think about such kit?