I am in possession of Trevor's 600SEL now for the last two weeks .
( Trevor's Original Ad how the car looked before etc > 1992 Mercedes Benz 600SEL W140 For Sale - AUD$4500
< ) .
I firmly believe that it would have taken (almighty) Joe, about a good 10 years or close to it to fix & repair the whole car due to the distance the car is from Joe .
While the car was with Joe he has done a wonderful job with the wiring & something on the front Suspension , that has taken 18 month .
I'm sure Joe is happy i have taken this huge burden of a Wreck
of his hands but is most welcome on my side , my ex swb 600SE
was to booooring for me as there was never nothing wrong with it (Garage Queen) , this one has lots to do but even that is already finishing out ,hopefully i get 6 month maybe less fixing out of it , lol .
My SWB S600 is sold as well btw , she's gone to a very good jung man which is an Architect & good family of Mercedes enthusiast's ,we are in contact & he will join us on Sydney W140 Drives as they come up so i still get to see it & he ask't me to service it as well for him (looks like she's coming back silently ,lol) .
Some teaser Pics ,lots more to do ,the interior will be completely stripped shortly (in coming days) it has been raining here every day for the last week so i couldn't get to it, the Radio & Antenna is working ,all windows are cleaned of the glue & restored ,Sunroof fixed ,slides back now ,trunk self closing fixed ,no more slamming it ,to complement the look , i fitted a brand new set of rims with 285R & 255F Pirrelli P Zero's including a spare tyre Lorinser LM1 , it was the last set available here in Sydney of the Lorinser LM1 type in 19,now i be attacking the interior ,might convert it to a 4 seater option again ,not to sure yet .
I fitted the tyres without driving the car anywhere,everything gets done here at my place ,the huge fender gap there will settle as she drives around .
All fluids changed /new Spark plugs , car is now fully badged as it should including glove box badge , only one i found by accident (S600 instead of 600SEL) ,impossible to find that emblem for the glovebox .
Paint has been sorted ,scratches some remain for now but are not much visible ,the car presents very well .
The Steering ignition lock has been fixed & the drivers door handle opens normally as it should .
Also fitted a new tool kit as the original was a bit to dirty for my taste,lol .
Original Becker CD changer fitted as well for now until i install a newer radio system but that's later , the Becker Mexico radio in the car needed a code which MB gave me but didn't work so i paid 9 pounds to radio code Uk & it worked instantly after i re-installed the missing tuner trevor sold .
I also fitted a new battery that a w140 v12 needs 1st up .
Fixed all the cladding underneath which was loose somehow . Washed & degreased any oil mud dirt etc underneath the car including spiderwebs ,it appears the engine is not leaking a drop of oil so far by what i can see ,she's been standing in the same spot there for about a week .
Engine had a really good Cosmetic clean but still needs touchup .
I will post better pics once she's on the road , at the moment i'm busy on construction sites that's why you see the scaffold & planks etc around the car .