Date registered: Aug 2016
Vehicle: 1994 S600 Coupe
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipersking View Post
S320 1997 Conventional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may have a broken spring coil(s). That increases the spring rate. And when you jack the car, the spring ends can sometimes lock together temporarily, depending on the break.

Did they replace the shocks with OE parts? Are there any rattles or bangs going over bumps? Has the ride always been rough, or something that just happened?
Snipersking likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:22 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2011
Vehicle: W140 1998 S320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jal1224 View Post
You may have a broken spring coil(s). That increases the spring rate. And when you jack the car, the spring ends can sometimes lock together temporarily, depending on the break.

Did they replace the shocks with OE parts? Are there any rattles or bangs going over bumps? Has the ride always been rough, or something that just happened?

I donít believe so the suspension has been inspected several times nothing is broken and no rattling or whatsoever, the Shocks are OE and this roughness started gradually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I donít believe so the suspension has been inspected several times nothing is broken and no rattling or whatsoever, the Shocks are OE and this roughness started gradually.

You sure you don't have SLS? Sure sounds like accumulators going bad.
Snipersking likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:49 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
You sure you don't have SLS? Sure sounds like accumulators going bad.

I am sure no SLS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 01:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I am sure no SLS

Have you checked the front and rear subframe to body mounts? If they've collapsed, you will get a lot of harshness transferred to the body.
Snipersking likes this.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 03:45 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Have you checked the front and rear subframe to body mounts? If they've collapsed, you will get a lot of harshness transferred to the body.

I thought that one first, but the are fine, they are not hard even, tomorrow am going to replace the shimes and I will post the result.

Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:41 AM
BenzWorld Member

35mm lowering springs and shims ???

Yesterday I installed the new shimes but with little improvement, I wonder why the hell front suspension is still stiff !!!

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 07:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Inspect the lower front wishbone inner bushings, front and rear. If they appear to be off center, bulging, or lopsided, replace them. The rear ones are fluid filled, and can rupture if old, or improperly installed. Both front and rear bushings must also be installed in the control arms with a particular orientation. New replacement arms have been known to have the bushings improperly oriented. There are instructions in the DIY section.

Disconnect the upper control arm from the spindle. You should be able to move it up and down by hand against the resistance of the bushings. If it or the upper ball joints are frozen, replace the arms. If the upper ball joints are split, but the joints are still good, you can replace just the boots with ones from a Porsche 928. Do a search here for a pictorial on how to do it. While the upper control arm is disconnected, make sure you can move the spindle assembly pivoting on the lower ball joint. If the lower ball joint is frozen or extremely difficult to move fore and aft or in and out, replace it.

Make sure the sway bar body mount bushings are good. They should be considered a wear item and periodically replaced. They can wear so badly as to create metal to metal contact.
Snipersking likes this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:14 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Inspect the lower front wishbone inner bushings, front and rear. If they appear to be off center, bulging, or lopsided, replace them. The rear ones are fluid filled, and can rupture if old, or improperly installed. Both front and rear bushings must also be installed in the control arms with a particular orientation. New replacement arms have been known to have the bushings improperly oriented. There are instructions in the DIY section.

Disconnect the upper control arm from the spindle. You should be able to move it up and down by hand against the resistance of the bushings. If it or the upper ball joints are frozen, replace the arms. If the upper ball joints are split, but the joints are still good, you can replace just the boots with ones from a Porsche 928. Do a search here for a pictorial on how to do it. While the upper control arm is disconnected, make sure you can move the spindle assembly pivoting on the lower ball joint. If the lower ball joint is frozen or extremely difficult to move fore and aft or in and out, replace it.

Make sure the sway bar body mount bushings are good. They should be considered a wear item and periodically replaced. They can wear so badly as to create metal to metal contact.

Bro believe it or not all the components you have mentioned were replaced but I think the mechanic did something wrong

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W140 S-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in