Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Hirschmann Antenna limit setting

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Dieter Caspari 
#1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased a 1988 560SEL. The Hirschmann Auta 6000EL F467 Antenna was not working. I dismantled, cleaned and lubricated the unit and it is working fine, except the motor keeps running a few seconds after the antenna reaches the upper limit. This is accompanied by a clacking sound until the motor stops. I'm sure this is not right and I'm concerned that something may get damaged if I keep using the unit. It retracts properly when the radio is turned off. Is there a way to adjust the upper limit so the motor stops when the antenna is fully extended? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

#3 ·
Welcome Dieter. Indeed, shouldn't be any clacking noise. There's a great thread by member Mclare in the archives. I would recommend having a search for info.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

#5 ·
The clacking noise may be the gears stripping.

#6 ·
Yep the only time I had clacking is when it was old and buggered. Silky smooth was normal before. I thought there were microswitches probably, to switch it off at both extension and retraction. But mine got old and the gears started to strip.

#8 ·
The mechanism is built for certain length of antenna travel. If the telescopic tubes have been broken and the antenna has been fixed somehow with the remaining length of the tubes than that is what happens. Has happened to me. It was some 30 years ago so I do not remember all the details. I did not find a way to adjust the counter system it has for shorter stroke. Maybe a smaller diameter for the friction pulley would do it. Do not know if any spare tubes are available for the telescope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.